Sky InsuranceBadger5
    Neutral

Status

Electric window help

Hi Guy's,
    Just wondering if anyone has come across this problem before and been able to cure it. A week or so ago the front passenger window wouldn't go down by pressing the door switch from that side but it was still operational from the drivers door. Then a day ago it stopped working from the drivers side, when pressing the switch on the drivers door you can hear a slight noise inside the passenger door. Any ideas? i also noticed the red ambient door light stopped working on the passenger door aswell so i checked the bulb but that is ok. Any help is appreciated

Passenger door - window not working / red ambient light not working / electric mirror is working

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Cant help with your issues....

My passanger side electric mirror does not move.

My drivers electric window occasionaly wont close - I press to close it goes all the way up then comes back down half way?

Bloody electrics

alcoholic pervert

Status
    Isn't there a 'reset' sequence?

Something like hold button down till window is all the way down. Then immediately pull button up till all the way up, then release?

Might be worth a search on here

2nd Gear

Status
    Check the wiring going into the doors, between the A post and door when open you will see a rubber gaiter get this off and check the wires carefully. Even though they look intact the copper wire inside the insulation might be broken of frayed. I have a similar problem at the moment and can see the broken wire but can't get the rubber gromet out of the door so i can solder it up.
    FOR SALE... 2007 Rns-e (sds), 2009 OEM bluetooth module, Flat bottom TTRS MFSW, steering wheel control module and slipring. All in Classifieds, Pm me if interested.

RS6 Avant, Milltek non res, Forge, ITG, Bilstein, Hotchkis.

2nd Gear

Status
    FOR SALE... 2007 Rns-e (sds), 2009 OEM bluetooth module, Flat bottom TTRS MFSW, steering wheel control module and slipring. All in Classifieds, Pm me if interested.

RS6 Avant, Milltek non res, Forge, ITG, Bilstein, Hotchkis.

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    agreed mine did the same and it was a broken wire. when the door is shut it would make a grumbling noise when the switch was pressed as the 2 broken ends where loosely touching
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    i may have a good 2nd hand loom.

Neutral

Status
    Hi Guy's,
    Thanks for all your suggestions, i found the problem to be inside the passenger door, it was the connector to the door control module ( far left, one with purple holding clip) it had become loose so i pinned it back into position and all electrics on door are now working, window switch and illumination / red ambient light.