Can anyone name the missing part?

crazy88

Loving the anonymity
Reaction score
A while back I noticed this gap on my car, just above the nearside rear light cluster. At first I wasn't too bothered, but then I thought about it, and am a little concerned about rain running down the boot rain gutter and into the light cluster.

Can anyone name the part, or provide me a number so I can try get hold of one?! I'm guessing it's just a small bit of plastic that's missing. I have checked the other side where all looks fine, although I don't have a picture of it sorry.

Thanks!

4681624244_a03bdafa2b_b.jpg

the part missing is a rubber piece thats designed to deflect running water out of the light cluster. it maybe attached to the cluster or the body, have a look at the other side to check

Thanks swarcup

The other side is attached to the body, I will get a picture of it tonight if I remember. I was hoping to be able to find a part number though, so that I can buy a replacement if necessary. I don't like the idea of it not being there, and living in the uk it's only a matter of time before this causes me problems.

it should have the part number on it if its not part of the light mate also maybe you can grab some ruber from some where and cut it to fit
just till you can get the part to save any water getting in there

it should have the part number on it if its not part of the light mate also maybe you can grab some ruber from some where and cut it to fit
just till you can get the part to save any water getting in there

I think I will have to seal it somehow simon. The problem is though that I can't get the part number as i don't have the part! :(

I think I need that ETKA or whatever it's called to get me my part numbers. I also need that little strip across the top of the stereo as it looks like the previous owner had some wood or somethign in the car which has scratched it to bits.

you actually got me going out now to see what the hell it is lol.

I think I will have to seal it somehow simon. The problem is though that I can't get the part number as i don't have the part! :(

I think I need that ETKA or whatever it's called to get me my part numbers. I also need that little strip across the top of the stereo as it looks like the previous owner had some wood or somethign in the car which has scratched it to bits.

sorry mate i meant have a look at the one on the othere side and see if there is a part number as for the strip i have on on my old tape player in chrom you can have if any good

sorry mate i meant have a look at the one on the othere side and see if there is a part number as for the strip i have on on my old tape player in chrom you can have if any good

I think we're on about different bits mate, so I included a picture of the piece I mean. Check out my photoshop skills..oohh yeah!

4682116640_926f890bbe_b.jpg

And Nutkin...Thanks for going to look also! Get a picture if you would, then we'll all know. I'd get a picture of mine, but i'm nowhere near home :(

i see i dont have that bit mate sorry. as for sealing the ruber just use some silicone sealant as it will hold it on and when you get the right part it will come off nice and easy.

Yeah, I as even thinking some duck tape, like the proper stuff. That stuff is so sticky and it it never gets touched it should stay put.

get your self some gaffer tape then mate thay do it in black that will stay on and keep water out

il have a butchers in my boot for a number for you. dont like gaffer tape holding things together. it looks tacky. Your interior looks really nice, double din,cruise,mfsw, leather. very nice shame to put tape on it, even if it is out the way

the tape was just to cover the hole by the rear light mate till he got the rubber pice he needs.

And that's not my interior either...I wish it was swarcup! :( And as Simon mentioned, the gaffer tape is to stop water entering the rear light cluster while I find the part.

I checked the other side, and it is indeed a rubber piece which blocks that hole up. I daredn't remove the other side though, as it looks hard to replace it.

just pop into your local audi mate they will have some thing there to help i have a salon so cant take mine apart

That is part of the light cluster and is not seperate it comes with the light sorry
its more of a dust seal and cosmetic than a water seal as such
theres no harm in it missing it just looks a mess
and yes if it was mine i would sort it before you ask because i hate stuff like that i had a hair line crack in mine and renewed the light :)

Thanks paul! Nice to know, but not also as it means I may have to try find a donor light with the bit still attached. It does really annoy me that it's not there though too...I need it fixing!

I managed to find an oem light on ebay for 25 pounds delivered and it was mint
i did look for 6 months before one turned up but its worth a shot .

I managed to find an oem light on ebay for 25 pounds delivered and it was mint
i did look for 6 months before one turned up but its worth a shot .

Since i'm not in a rush i'll just wait. Can it be removed from the light cluster and put onto mine, or does it require a whole new cluster?

Thanks again mate!

If you look theres little holes on the light were the recess is , i havent tryed but i would have thought if you found one and the rubber was good and the light was damaged you could swap them over ,
you may need a small amount of glue underneath just to make sure it doesnt happen again,

Yeah, that's what I was hoping. Bit gutted that it's part of the light cluster though. Think I might try a scrappers. Surely if a car had a read-end crash the rubber would be still fine?! Surely? Please!!?? :sob:

I'll let you know how I get on.

as its more for dust can you not go to a diy store and grab a pice off rubber mate. just cut it to the shap and size of the one on the othere side
and stick it on

as its more for dust can you not go to a diy store and grab a pice off rubber mate. just cut it to the shap and size of the one on the othere side
and stick it on
Its moulded to a shape thats the problem with that otherwise good idea .

i see like they say its the thought that counts lol