AMP WIRE CONVERSIONS FOR RADIOS ANYONE HELP OR IS IT A REALLY STUPID QUESTION

johnswales

Reaction score
hi does anyone know if there is such i thing that i can plug into any standard radio that converts it to run amp leads because i want to put a sub n amp im my a4 but dont want to pay loads for bose stuff or put a aftermarket radio in because they ruin the look of the dash board in my eyes anyway.any ideas or is this a really stupid question thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi i havnt bought the amp yet and how do u wire these in to my stereo n will it fit any stereo mine the standard cd player that comes in all b6 a4's

You can pick up the feeds for a sub amp from the rear amp already in the boot, you just need to run power. No need for a high to lo converter or using the speaker input to the amp (which is the same thing) as the rear pre-outs already run from the HU to feed the rear amp, along with the remote on feed to turn it on.
If you use the proper BLAU adapter which plugs int the HU then you will lose the feed to rear the rear amp so your rears won't work anymore.
http://www.ktduk.com/product/blaupunkt_4_channel_pre-amp_out_rca_adapter_lead/

hi again will i loose all my back speakers or just the standard sub and what would u use as a remote wire.thanks

hi ive bin looking at my standard amp n it just has a plug going to it witch wires n how do u make them convert to use a aftermarket amp thanks

you will still need to run a power cable from the battery where ever you take the remote from. What are you looking to drive with it? Sub? Comps?

ive gt 2 subs tht are 1000w each i want to run a amp useing my standard stereo bin told to use the standard amp wires in the boot but had a look n dnt no where to start coz its just 1 plug

Here's the pinout, you just need 4 wires, left & right pre-out, screen and remote on. Just strip the end off an RCA cable and splice into these wires using a small terminal block i.e. cut the 4 wires indicated below, then joining them together again with a terminal block along with the signal wires, screen and remote on from the RCA lead, job done! You now have a clean pre-out signal for your sub amp.
B6rear-subpinout.jpg

Also remove the sub speaker, disconnect it and insulate the connections and refit the speaker as you don't want the stock Audi sub still in the equation. This way you retain the amp for the rears.

thank u very much for the pic nw im nt confused big thanks