Decent quality front suspension arms?

tom fenton

Reaction score
Hi all

Well my 04 Avant is in need of a lower front suspension arm- the straight one. I've had bad experiences in the past buying cheapo replacements and then having to change them again in 12 or 18 months.

So really does anyone know of a known to be good quality replacement that is going to last a while? I am even considering a geniune replacement from the main dealer, depending on how expensive that turns out to be when I call them tomorrow.

Thanks
Tom

Genuine for me 100%
the likes of TPS etc will have them rather than dealers

Hi, thanks for the answer. I've not used TPS before- can anyone buy from them, or is it trade only?

Lemforder or Meyle provide the best over OEM and cheaper (although not cheap). Give AllGermanParts a call 0113-2775245.
I just fitted a complete Meyle front suspension kit to replace the cheapo ebay kit I fitted a year ago and wow what a difference. Meyle is also guaranteed for 4 years, which is reassuring.

TPS is trade only really, but some branches will let private customers buy there too but they often don't make it very easy! Watch they don't stiff you for full retail price too!

I need to do my one again, bolt broke when changing the wheel bearing and it was a pig to get the aftermarket new one in, had to open the suspension strut forks to slip over the bush. Now I've fitted H&Rs i get a clunky noise over bumps and potholes under the driver side i dont get any on the passanger side which is all std.

Seems these lower arms all look the same but when you come to fit them they aren't half a pain in the ***!!

TPS is trade only really, but some branches will let private customers buy there too but they often don't make it very easy! Watch they don't stiff you for full retail price too!
Ah sorry never thought as ive been in the trade for 20years it didnt spark my brain into life that they were trade only :(