Folding mirrors only work sometimes???????

qawsed

Reaction score
Can anyone shed some light on this.
My folding mirrors only fold sometimes,turn the knob on drivers door and it`s hit or miss.
It is only random as far as i can see.
This was checked at a MD yonks ago and i was told the knob/switch is ok.
I have been having flat batt probs for ages which can not be tracked down.The only thing possible was the convience module did get wet due to drain hole issue in engine bay BUT i have no elec issues at all other than the folding mirrors.WEhen i have had the car woked on or service no error for mirrors is passed on to me,perhaps this is not logged.
As anyonr run into this before or know of any issue in the past??????

I had this problem with the folding mirrors on my leon. I used to have that they would fold, but not unfold, Turned out it was the folding mechanism on the passenger one was seizing. There is a resistance sensor built in, so when the mirror didn't move, it stopped trying! had to replace the mirror. Try disconnecting one mirror at a time and then operating the switch. Unfortunately you have to take the door card off to get tot he plug.

Sorry

Matt

Cheers Matt,so one mirror will cause both not to fold?

Could you not try to work some oil or wd40 into the mech whist working it back and forth? I would try folding them on the electric too and start with the slowest/most jittery one if it is them sticking