simple beginners questions!

crazypainter

Reaction score
Website
www.crazypainter.com
So, I am new to an A4 forum, havent bought it yet but getting my research in and I found forums to be a very useful tool with my current car . I am starting afresh here and feels a bit weird, gone from knowing quite a bit to pretty much nothing..........for example, ideally my future purchase will have a chrome pack and the trim for the bottom of the doors that is quite angular and chunky ,maybe S4 style?? What are these door trims known as officially? What can i expect to pay for a set?
Also a chrome pack, I want an avant and I like with the chrome running round the window line. Can I buy and retro fit? I am trying to ascertain a rough cost for both so if a see a car without that is a good price, I can add these items into the equation to get the look I want.

The door blades you are referring to are called - S-line blades, there are also slightly larger ones on the S4. They are about £200 2nd hand and I think about £360 from Audi. The chrome window surrounds is dear and a real pain to retrofit, so try and find a car with this factory installed.

Good luck with your search..

Everyone who has black window trims wants chrome and vice versa lol :banghead:

it is funny how many people want the black and have chrome i like the chrome myself but i think thats as iv not had it on any of my old
cars plus it sets mine off with the car bing crystal blue.

it is funny how many people want the black and have chrome i like the chrome myself but i think thats as iv not had it on any of my old
cars ..................
Thats probably it, my current car is deliberately de-glammed! Apparently its known as 'The Bruise' because it is only black and blue, nothing else.
Technics100, the £360 from Audi price, would that be for s-line blades or for S4 blades? And is there a noticeable difference in appearance?

The S4 blades are significantly more chunky and aggressive than S-Line style ones. That price is for S4 ones I would think, the S-Line ones aren't much less though, new at least.