She will live again....

ScottyP45

Reaction score
Eyup lads!

My 1.8T had gone bang a year ago, and has been languishing in my inlaws driveway until today....its gone into the garage to get fixed at last!

When it broke, new engines cost 2 kidneys and a lung - but they are a bit cheaper now and I cant wait to get her back. The garage is going to see if only a head job and strainer is needed or a whole motor but either way I can afford to fix it now. Plus I had been made redundant just after it went and now I am back in a hot job so things are looking very good.

I may go nuts on it when its running again (huge valet needed, it has green seatbelts - yes its mould from dampness as it broke in the hot summer with the AC on full pelt then was left closed for a year) but otherwise I might go for an RS4 type of kit for it. God its been a long year of old japs, vw's and other stuff. I now run around in a pug 406 diesel which seemed like a good car until i was towed in the A4.....even under tow it rode better than the 406 does when running! When I jumped back in the pug it was obvious how squishy the seats and ride are, along with the dull interior. And dull looks. And lack of style or go.

I am going to pee myself with excitement thinking about it!

Its good to be (almost) back ;)

I bet you are glad you didnt sell it for a silly cheap figure now.

Good news on the job thing, I bet you cannot wait to get her back now

Wow - long time no speak!

I'm glad things are going well for you mate :thumbsup:

Evil me ol'fruit!...

I came across an old thread the other day and noticed some of your old posts and was wondering what had happened.
Good to see you back mate!

hi mark, james, simon, j7uss! Good to hear from you lads again :)

Yep, im glad I kept it cos nothing ive had (and theres been about 10 motors) has been a patch on the A4. I should know by thursday what it needs, but hey ho, if its an engine then so be it. The guys at the garage just finished a 55 plate one for the same prob, and put a new engine in a relative's '05 warrior pretty cheap so fingers are crossed, plus they know what they are doing by the look of it.

J7uss, cheers me old mate! Liking those wheels you have in yer sig ;)

Not that I have a clue who you are as I've joined since you left...but welcome back!!! Hugs all round.

Glad you're getting your car bac though mate. My wife recently pranged my a4 and I thought i was going to lose mine for a while. All the other cars i drove just didn't seem as nice, so I fought hard to keep it, and I managed.

Keep us all informed of the progress with your car!

****** hell !!!! good to see your back stranger !!!
glad to hear your on the up and up, mine went bang last xmas, ****** thing, not a cheap following are they, audis ?
but i agree on the magnetised feel you get with em.
anyway, welcome back mate, keep us all posted, looking forward to the modding stage, youve got some catching up to do now! lol.

hi crazy88, thanks for the welcome back mate!

1wheel!! Still jealous of your ****** gorgeous convertible mate! lol. Yep, I need to hit mine up with some serious modding, gonna be different I hope. Since im probly gonna spend the best part of £1500 just getting it running again, then it'll need moted and taxed, then im going to go nuts on it I think.

I cant find another car I like more, and its still a nice looking car at the end of the day so what would you rather drive, the A4 or some boring french shitbox with rubber suspension (like im driving just now) even if it does 800 miles (yes thats 800 miles) to a tank of diesel.....it is an 80L tank mind you!

So, I am having some niiiiice wheels, spaced right out to the edges of the known arch-iverse, dropped a wee bit more even tho its a sport, and need something different for the body. Some ting mad, like that swedish dude's copper RS4 B7 conversion, just not sure what yet exactly.

I keep thinking.....what would Audi do to it.......?

The possibilities are endless but im more than happy to hear some suggestions from the team :rock: no matter how crazy. I want it to be a jaw dropper in the looks dept. Performance is relatively easy and just takes cash but body mods need artistic flair, imagination and taste.........:yum:

for those who havent seen the car as it was / is, here are a couple of pics:

audi2.jpg

audi1.jpg

What I have bought / had since it broke:

Mazzer:

Photo-0029.jpg

VR6

DSCN1774.jpg

2.5RS Scoob

Photo-0068.jpg

there was also a nissan 200SX turbo, a honda legend 3.2 V6, and the pug 406 oilburner I have now.....been a busy year!