Remote Roof

A4 steve

Reaction score
Hi

I am a complete newby, just got my A4 Cabriolet. Most annoying thing is having to hold down the roof button until it is down. Has anyone had a remote roof fitted to the B8 (i guess that is what i have):crying:

I have loads of questions SD cards, NAV versions, MMI version, TV modules and more??????

Any help for this sad newby would be gratefully received.

What year is your car as they didn't make a B8 Cabriolet and you have posted in the B6 section.

If it's 06 or newer then you have a B7. PM "1wheelonly" as he'll send you a video of his working from his key. Very smart

What's your other questions ?

Thanks for the reply.

I have the 2009 model...guess that makes me a B7 (need to move posts) :)

Seen lots of posts but not managed to find a clear answer to the SD card situation. would like to use more than just a 2gb SD (2gb is the only one available in nonHC)
is there an upgrade i need to have done? believe i have ver 0650???

Is there a disk available for safety cameras?

If i wanted the voice commands, is this just a simple module install, and similar with the TV???

Thanks for the info on the remote roof, i will PM 1wheelonly.

To enable the remote roof, you need to purchase a roof module. There are 2 types: one is called smartop and its about £300 to buy. The other is kufatec and its about £150-250. Some lucky people on here have managed to find them cheaper on ebay. Most people dont bother with the tv, they just fit a dvd player. The voice control option is quite easy, you need a mfsw first. the best person to speak to is 1wheelonly.

you can get a cheaper module that allows you to open/close the roof by just pressing the button once. they are around 70 euros from ebay.de seller is www.cabrio-module.de and he speaks great english!!

Last edited:
Do you know anyone who has ordered one?
I very nearly did! If you look on ebay.de for A4 verdeck-module you will get them cheaper than direct from his site. He's got 100% feedback and does them for just about every soft top on the market. I'll get you a link in a bit as I thin k I've got him saved as a fave seller.....

EDIT:

here u go...

http://cgi.ebay.de/Audi-A4-Audi-80-...Item&pt=Autoteile_Zubehör&hash=item1e5c3cc860

44.90 euro's and if i remember correctly postage is 6.90 euro

you can mail him direct in english if your german is rubbish!!

mark

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Shame i cant read German :laugh:
Will certainly give the guy a call. Hope the instructions are in English.

Does anyone have anyone have any info on the SD card issue. I want to be able to use bigger cards than the 2gb non HC cards that are available?

I bought the Smartop which I am very pleased with. Great product and easy to fit. Only tricky bit was getting rear door trim on and off. More expensive than some others already mentioned but there are programmable options to suit your requirements. Would recommend.

I bought the Smartop which I am very pleased with. Great product and easy to fit. Only tricky bit was getting rear door trim on and off. More expensive than some others already mentioned but there are programmable options to suit your requirements. Would recommend.

How much did you pay for the smartop?

Lol. Perhaps should have said rear of door trim. Actually thinking about it i'm not sure how to describe it. Maybe offside rear passenger side panel. That's better.

Thanks for the info. Shame i cant read German :laugh:
Will certainly give the guy a call. Hope the instructions are in English.

Does anyone have anyone have any info on the SD card issue. I want to be able to use bigger cards than the 2gb non HC cards that are available?

Just copy and paste it into google translator ;) and yes, the instruction come in english!

Re the sd cards, i think you can get away with 4gb non hc if you can find them but its not all about card compatibilty its about how much info the unit can process from whats on the card which 20 odd albums on a 2gig is pretty much its limit anyway so even if it could cope with a 32gb hc card it couldn't handle all the data on it anyway.. remember that these units are running on 8 year old technology bar a few firmware updates....