Custom headunit

SyMpOsIuM

Reaction score
Hiya folks

I thought i'd post on here to see if any of you guys can give me a bit of advice. I've recently got myself an 02 reg 1.9 TDI (130). When I first picked it up it had a 6 cd changer in the glove box and a custom mutant head unit. Got the garage to do something with it as the cd changer wasnt hooked up. After doing some research the custom cd player in it was the cause of the rear audio not working.

Got the garage to fit me an concert I tape which works nicely with the cd changer. Great to be able to hear sound from behind me too!

But.... the question is, I dont want to have the changer. I'm looking in the long term to replace the unit with something better. Although I'd love to have the whole RNS-E mod done, I cant afford it!

Today i removed the tape unit and had a look on the back with the hope that it may be like others i've had in the past and been able to simply attach a couple of phono cables to use the ipod, no joy. I dont fancy using any of the xcarlink or connects2 units to play through.

If I was to look at installing a single DIN replacement cd/dvd unit, what upgrades do you need to do to the amp to have audio from the rear?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

glad it not just me having this problem, fitted a kenwood headunit and again not getting very much rear audi, ive fitted the bose type iso lead and pluged all the blocks into the headunit and all the phono leads, ive also used the sub out phono leads for 2 extra subs in the boot.

cheers

I've been looking at the one you've got Nutkin, looks like a good headunit and reasonably priced. Is it compatible with the 6 cd changer?

The adapter, do you need that for the back of the radio or for the amp in the boot?

Cheers

I've been looking at the one you've got Nutkin, looks like a good headunit and reasonably priced. Is it compatible with the 6 cd changer?

The adapter, do you need that for the back of the radio or for the amp in the boot?

Cheers

Doesnt work with the changer, Never bothered me when you can fit your whole music collection onto a flash drive and plug it in the front.

You need an adapter for rear audio, PC9-401 from Autoleads.

and an adapter for the radio Autoleads PC5-90