Looking for some Rear Passenger Sunblinds........

sc00byd00byd00

Frank and Beans...............
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Since the spell of hot weather, i'm looking for some sunblinds to block the sun from coming in and waking up our 6mth old when he's asleep in the car

Have seen these; http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140366577973

Genuine Audi but I dont relish the thought of cutting holes in the door cards for fitment ?

Surely Audi did ones that were "Part of" the doorcard itself ??

The other option i've considered is blacking out the rear windows, and have been quoted £180 by Designer Wheels in Liverpool for the Rear Passenger Windows, Rear Quarters and Rear Screen.

"This is using Llumar film, which is in their opinion the best film on the market and comes with a 10 year film warranty and a life time warranty on all our work. You can choose from any of our tint shades and the work will take about 3-4 hours to complete"

What other options are available out there as i'm quite anal when it comes to car styling so i'm curious to hear what other people have done.

................ and I dont want just a stick on mothercare one (if you know what I mean) :sadlike:

id do the windows rather than start cutting the doors about plus it will make the car look nicer. but on the off chance you need it say today have a look in halfords they are not to bad and iv seen some in wilko too.

Last edited:
Worth checking out Palm automotive and their sunshades.

I had the retrofit audi ones in my last car (a4 saloon), and also my wifes car (A3), however I have now fitted these ones from Palm Automotive to my avant and I can't fault them. Give a tinted look, are easily removable, are secure and unlike anything else on the market (apart from those daft looking socks which go over the whole door) give 100% coverage of the windows. Ok so they're not the cheapest option but if you were looking at the audi ones they aren't far away on price.

Incidentally I still have the audi retrofit ones for a B6/7 saloon along with the rear window shade complete with brand new fixing pack if anyone wants to make an offer....

I had my windows tinted professionaly a couple of years ago. It cost £150 then, which I was very happy with. The finish is perfect; not a wrinkle in sight. The rears passengers have total privacy, it's a lot cooler, and the car looks good!

P1000246.jpg

P1000241.jpg

Last edited:
I retrofitted the Audi ones to mine. You don't exactly need to 'cut' the doorcard, thats a bit misleading whoever told you that. You need to drill them, potentially scary, but fine if you take care. They aren't as neat as the inbuilt ones, but they're virtually impossible to come by. I keep mine up all the time, so you never really notice the blind base. For me these were the preferable option as I'm not a fan of dark rear tints myself, prefering a more even all over colour.

Here's some pics anyway: (sorry about the quality, they're years old!)

Blinds001.jpg

Blinds006.jpg

Blinds005.jpg

Blinds009.jpg

I have the factory blinds in my S4 Avant and would recommend NOT to fit them!! If they are left down the blimmin plastic bit along the top of the netting thing vibrates against the window - very annoying!!

I have the factory blinds in my S4 Avant and would recommend NOT to fit them!! If they are left down the blimmin plastic bit along the top of the netting thing vibrates against the window - very annoying!!
Factory fit blinds and Audi retrofit blinds are different.

I had factory fit blinds on my B6 S4, and have the Audi retrofit ones on my B7 RS4. In my experience they will both vibrate against the window if not fully retracted, pulling them out and retracting them usually fixes it.

I've never noticed any rattle from mine, whether up or down, and they're retrofit ones.