Split pipe on manifold! Anyone know what it is.

casiodan

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Complete novice with engines here. But whilst checking my oil i noticed a split pipe.

I have no idea what it is but when i put my finger over it it was sucking rather than blowing:tocktock:

I have attached a picture.

I have an engine management light and the fault code seemed to point to the MAF sensor and following advice on here it wasn't desperate so i haven't got round to getting it checked out properly! Any chance this could be my problem instead of the MAF.

Thanks

Dan
here.jpg

PS thats not my engine, just that my phone won't upload to my laptop for some reason

Vacuum pipe, that particular one leads to the top of the DV, you will have low power and a possible irratic idle.

I would look at replacing all the vac pipes, about a metre or so of 4mm pipe will do the job fine for that and the FPR on the oposite end of the manifold

Cheers Byzan,

Is this a straight forward DIY job, bearing in mind the most technical job i have done on this car is change the coolant temperature sensor?

it is no more involved than that, the rest of the pipe will be residing under that larger coolent pipe at the front of the engine. The small vac one runs under it to a cylinder shaped thing mounted on the drivers side under the turbo