Help With Whel Off sets Please

MRTMK1

Reaction score
Hello.

I have a Audi A4 Estate 1.8T Quattro and it is lowered on coilovers. Not sure how low it is but it cant go much lower on the coilovers themself.

The wheels i have are 18inch 8s et35 with 235/45 tyres lambo reps.

I have looked at getting some Inovit DTMs in 18Inch but they come in offset of et38 or 42. They also give me the option of a 9inch rear. i aslo wana swap the tyres i got already onto these wheels.

I am totaly confused weather these wheels will fit my car or what width i can fit to my car.

If anyone can help that would be great.

Cheers :blush:

you can safely fit wheels 8inch wide with offsets 35 to 45 on a standard sport set up. i have 35 offset wheels on at 8inch and the sport setup which is lower than the normal. You maybe able to go wider but i cant say for sure

Putting wider wheels on the back than the front messes up the quattro system doesnt it? im sure i read soemwhere it puts more stress on the system.

Putting wider wheels on the back than the front messes up the quattro system doesnt it? im sure i read soemwhere it puts more stress on the system.
No,
rolling radius but not width there is no reason at all for the width to have any effect on the 4wd system .

Im using 9'' wide allround at ET 37 front (5mm spacer)and ET 34 rear (8mm spacer) with no rubbing at all and can still get full lock each way and my car is pretty low

So using 9's if your non quattro on the rear will be fine