Audi A4 TDI SPORT/SE spec difference?

JSWD32

Reaction score
I'm Hoping to pick up a B6 A4 tdi 130 and wanted to know what came as standard on these cars, I'm looking to spend around £9500 and have seen many A4 TDi 130 Sport's with around 100k on the clock, for this money.
Any info on difference no matter how small would be appreciated.

regards

Jonathon

As a starter

SEs have
DIS
Rear electric windows
16" wheels
4 spoke steering wheel

Sports have
sport suspension
17" wheels
sport seats
electric lumbar support
sport steering wheel (3 spoke leather)

It's harder to find a sport with dis and electric rear windows. Not that big a deal but when we ordered our sport I added those options.

Mechanically there's no difference except with the suspension.

I'm sure there are a few other difference but that's what I can think of right now.

HTH
Dave

For that money I guess you're looking at a 2001 or early 2002. The major difference being the suspension, lowered and stiffened on the sport. Different alloys - 17" on the sport. Sport seats(lumbar support). 3 spoke steering wheel on the sport. The SE has the "Driver Info System". Late 2002 SE has rear elec windows, cruise control and heated mirors and washer jets as standard. I prefer the seats in the sport, but like the DIS in the SE. I prefer the suspension of the SE, I found the sport too stiff for the UK roads(would be perfect if our roads were well maintained). I also like the CC and heated mirrors of the SE. Swings and roundabouts really. Good luck.

[ QUOTE ]
Lon said:
For that money I guess you're looking at a 2001 or early 2002. The major difference being the suspension, lowered and stiffened on the sport. Different alloys - 17" on the sport. Sport seats(lumbar support). 3 spoke steering wheel on the sport. The SE has the "Driver Info System". Late 2002 SE has rear elec windows, cruise control and heated mirors and washer jets as standard. I prefer the seats in the sport, but like the DIS in the SE. I prefer the suspension of the SE, I found the sport too stiff for the UK roads(would be perfect if our roads were well maintained). I also like the CC and heated mirrors of the SE. Swings and roundabouts really. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

My sport didnt come with 17" alloys only 16", it comes with heated mirrors though, no DIS or Rear elec windows, I prefer the sport, I like to feel the road as i'm driving and it sits alot lower and looks more aggressive.

The Sport is pretty basic in standard form, I didnt even get a CD player, 1.8T 2002 quattro /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

My sport has elec x 4 windows, I've added factory cruise, GMBH body kit and 17" alloys, it handles great and I too was torn between SE & Sport. But now my Sport has more than an SE ever has. Having DIS done this weekend.

It's got the symphony II Bose ICE and WOW it sounds great.

It's May 04 130 Sport and I love it.

[ QUOTE ]
G4JSG said:
My sport has elec x 4 windows, I've added factory cruise, GMBH body kit and 17" alloys, it handles great and I too was torn between SE & Sport. But now my Sport has more than an SE ever has. Having DIS done this weekend.

It's got the symphony II Bose ICE and WOW it sounds great.

It's May 04 130 Sport and I love it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I too have added factory cruise control and the GmbH kit to my 2001 1.8T quattro Sport. It already had the 17" wheels, but three of them were scuffed so I had them refurbished during the kit installation. I've also had the interior re-trimmed with leather to OEM spec, which I've not regretted for a second and I'm now a confirmed leather convert! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/heart.gif

In addition to this I added a Concert II head unit in place of the Chorus one. Almost without exception, people would say "oooh, it's got a cassette player - how quaint" or "uugh, tapes!" after getting into the car for the first time, so it had to go. I also like the idea of being able to change CDs on the move when driving alone, as reaching into the glovebox changer is obviously not recommended! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

I was also torn between two cars, but the other was a Sport too and although it had the leather interior it only had the 16" 'Trapez' wheels, was £1000 dearer and had 10k more miles which is ultimately why I didn't buy it. My car only lacked the leather, but...you can guess the rest. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

I'd be interested to know how the DIS retro-fit goes, as I didn't know it could be done. Along with a centre armrest, this is something else I'd like to add.

John

Wow thanks guys!
I really didn't know that the sport came without some of the kit I really want. All I had heard was that it had had a nicer steering wheel/Recaro seats & stiffer suspension.
I'm really torn now.. I may get lucky and find a sport with upgraded spec or perhaps an SE with leather interior.

The search contines..

regards

Jonathon

[ QUOTE ]
JSWD32 said:
Wow thanks guys!
I really didn't know that the sport came without some of the kit I really want. All I had heard was that it had had a nicer steering wheel/Recaro seats & stiffer suspension.
I'm really torn now.. I may get lucky and find a sport with upgraded spec or perhaps an SE with leather interior.

[/ QUOTE ]

The seats in the sport are not Recaro. That was a fairly pricey option and only with leather IIRC.

The Audi sport seats have bigger bolsters for the thighs and body. The SE seats don't look like they'd give much lateral support.

The Recaros have larger bolster over the sports seats and IMHO they are quite an ugly design.

Not sure if the SE seats have the option to lengthen the seat base but our sports have.

Got It! SE spec afterall..
I take possesion of my 51 plate Denim blue A4 TDI 130 SE Tomorrow, it is absoloutly immaculate, not a stone chip or parking dent. It comes with the Chrome kit? And the Wood effect?? apprently extras and its a Sinclair ex Audi Fleet car. Comes with FASH and a warranty with 103k on the clock.
£9750

Regards

Jonathon