Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

Post RNS-D to RNS-E upgrade, old stuff I know but help needed in Technophobe speak please

Hi, I have a 2002 A4 3.0 Cabriolet, with the RNS-D sat nav fitted. It has no Bose or Phone or TV. Because the system is pretty crap I bought a RNS-E system on eBay, part number 8E0 035 192 T

I have the Plug & Play lead, and the aerial adapter, so I plugged it all in, and found the following problems:

No illumination on the buttons - it would appear that the wire (grey and black I think) in the car that has 12 volts when the lights are turned on has no corresponding wire on the PNP socket?

No display on the dash for CD/Radio Station/Navigation information - the 26 pin plug in the car that sends all this info to the dash does not match the 32pin socket on the RNS-E system which says 32 pin AMP connector on the RNS-E label?

Apart from that it all works fine - the glove box CD is all okay and the Navigation system seems okay too.

So guys, what do I need to do to rectify those few problems please...

Many thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Your car / the RNS-d uses a bosch can system you need to find a convertor box which lets the Audi can system talk to the Bosch system and modify the wiring. I had to do this on my A4Q Avant when i retro fitted my RNS-E. If you do a search over at http://audiforum.us/ or post the question someone will help you. My convertor box was in the boot behind a panel i had to modify the aerial wiring too.
    EDIT
    here's the link to the same problem as you. http://audiforum.us/rns-e/11777-rns-d-rns-e.html
    Last edited by BILKO1; 20th May 2010 at 19:09.
    FOR SALE... 2007 Rns-e (sds), 2009 OEM bluetooth module, Flat bottom TTRS MFSW, steering wheel control module and slipring. All in Classifieds, Pm me if interested.

RS6 Avant, Milltek non res, Forge, ITG, Bilstein, Hotchkis.

cabriolet

Status
    will also need coding to your car
    LOTS DONE, LOTS SPENT !!!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks Bilko1

Wow, sounds super complicated, anyone know a pro who fits them in North West Kent/South East London area?

Cheers

cabriolet

Status
    pm a guy on here, " NHN " he will sort ya !!
    LOTS DONE, LOTS SPENT !!!!