Badger5EM Tuning
    In The Pit Lane

Status

Engine Management & ESP warning light problem.

The engine management light and esp light comes on intermittently on my B6 A4.
    Still feels ok to drive but when esp light comes on can feel a little jittery.

Got the lad in work to put the diagnostic machine on it when the management light was on itself and it says something about cylinder 3 regulation range exceeeded? Any help me out on this?
    Not checked for the esp light cos it never comes on when the lad's in work to look at it.

Had the car over a year and had no problems, serviced last year and service is due soon, and has been well serviced by previous owner, need to know what i need to fix it.
    Car is sitting at around 107,000 miles just now, 2004 A4 Tdi Sport.

Cheers

Barry

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    are your brake lights working. i maybe wrong but when these two lights are on it is sure this is a sign they are not, if so its usually the brake light switch on the pedal
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by swarcup View Post
    are your brake lights working. i maybe wrong but when these two lights are on it is sure this is a sign they are not, if so its usually the brake light switch on the pedal
    yep, seen this on a golf too.

alcoholic pervert

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by swarcup View Post

I had this warning. Turned out to be both side brake light bulbs gone. (Top middle one was still ok)

Reverse Gear

Status
    just had exact same problem it was brake switch but my brake lights were still working apparantly theirs two switches one for lights the other takes care of the ecu id bet my car thats your problem...30 to diagnose part and labour,good luck.

In The Pit Lane

Status
    Brake lights are fine but al get it looked at. Any idea why it's saying on the diagnostics machine that cylinder 3 regulation range exceeded tho?

Cheers for the replies guys

Reverse Gear

Status
    sorry i misread mine also had the abs light aswell