Engine Management & ESP warning light problem.

Barry#1

In The Pit Lane
Reaction score
The engine management light and esp light comes on intermittently on my B6 A4.
Still feels ok to drive but when esp light comes on can feel a little jittery.

Got the lad in work to put the diagnostic machine on it when the management light was on itself and it says something about cylinder 3 regulation range exceeeded? Any help me out on this?
Not checked for the esp light cos it never comes on when the lad's in work to look at it.

Had the car over a year and had no problems, serviced last year and service is due soon, and has been well serviced by previous owner, need to know what i need to fix it.
Car is sitting at around 107,000 miles just now, 2004 A4 Tdi Sport.

Cheers

Barry :cool:

are your brake lights working. i maybe wrong but when these two lights are on it is sure this is a sign they are not, if so its usually the brake light switch on the pedal

are your brake lights working. i maybe wrong but when these two lights are on it is sure this is a sign they are not, if so its usually the brake light switch on the pedal

yep, seen this on a golf too.

I had this warning. Turned out to be both side brake light bulbs gone. (Top middle one was still ok)

just had exact same problem it was brake switch but my brake lights were still working apparantly theirs two switches one for lights the other takes care of the ecu id bet my car thats your problem...£30 to diagnose part and labour,good luck.

Brake lights are fine but al get it looked at. Any idea why it's saying on the diagnostics machine that cylinder 3 regulation range exceeded tho?

Cheers for the replies guys :o.k: