Honest Opinions Please......

1wheelonly

cabriolet
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
been thinking of this little mod for a long while now, but now ive done it im not sure if i like it or not.
as you can see from the pics, ive changed the colour of the roller wheels in my multi function wheel.
i must admit the pics dont do them any favours at all as your not getting a good enough detailed view , the sun was out too and in the pics it makes them look very bright, i can assure you there not when there in front of you.

so, as the title says, opinions please, RESTORE or ADORE ???????

cid_A0D1F3AC-D4FA-4191-BB0C-7F1E-1.jpg

cid_402817F6-4069-4CB2-8246-BFB4CFD.jpg

cid_560A914F-4356-477C-A158-CC45C3C.jpg

cid_A41B42EA-4CDA-4162-A815-9903CB2.jpg

I think a less prominent silver, as its to much in yer face, from the photos anyway, in flesh it maybe completely different & as the rollers are patterned, so this may make all the difference up close.

I would say restore, as they will get dirty and the paint will at some point rub off. I would look to get a machine shop make some in alloy to match the rest of the trim, and would look far better imo.

agreed nut ! but machine shops aint like they used to be, now days i need to order a thousand just to start the machine, would cost alot but worth lookin into

I think they look good, I'd never thought of changing them before, but they do look good.

yeh, but like you said, would look far better in metal, real deal then, plus i would need to open a group buy in ! for that paint. lmfao

Well i like it, and it looks OEM. I had to think hard as to whether the first picture was a before photo. As i couldn't remember is they're already chrome lol

Yeah mate, like it, looks good :)

maybe a slightly darker shade though? hey heres a thought, have a different colour every week lol

no way your gonna get any machined tho kiddo, all the little engineering shops have gone :(

anyway...heres my suggestion for next weeks colour change.....

leaswheeldoc.jpg

Last edited:
^^^ Slightly darker, maybe Gun Metal Grey, sounds like a good idea actually.

tbf its such a small mod id hardly notice the difference. If you like it keep it.

C.V.Vacuum Platers Inc. You send them the part and they will metal plate it any color you want. I like it BTW but it needs to match the wheel. Just send them the air vent ring for a color match

I like it but like tcardio said, if your gonna do it, do it properly.

On a completely separate note, where did you get the chrome nobs from for your RNS-E ????

agreed nut ! but machine shops aint like they used to be, now days i need to order a thousand just to start the machine, would cost alot but worth lookin into
Hi 1wheelonly
Drop me a PM and I will see what I can do. Ideally if you can send me one so I can draw it up i can make some.

I like it dude, All these little touches make a positive difference!