HELP - possible multitronic problem?

drewbee

Reaction score
hi guys, help me, when im in D, and say im at the traffic lights waiting, i feel the engine vibrating, nothing heavy, just can feel a tiny vibration, when i stick it in N, the vibration stops!

when i start her up when cold, idling starts to jump a tiny tiny bit and goes back to normal.

please tell me its not my multitronic!!!!

thanks

hi guys, help me, when im in D, and say im at the traffic lights waiting, i feel the engine vibrating, nothing heavy, just can feel a tiny vibration, when i stick it in N, the vibration stops!

when i start her up when cold, idling starts to jump a tiny tiny bit and goes back to normal.

please tell me its not my multitronic!!!!

thanks

When it's in D, and you're sensing the vibration, do you have the handbrake on or your foot on the brake pedal?

The multi-plate clutch behaves differently depending on whether you have your foot on the brake pedal or not. Put the handbrake on, keep the box in D and alternate you foot on and off the pedal. You should feel the clutch taking up and then slightly releasing the drive. Does it still vibrate regardless of whther you foot is on the brake?

Is there anything in the way the box behaves in general driving that gives you cause for concern that the vibration you're sensing is caused by the gearbox in particular? There are so many other things it could be.

Thanks, I give it a try with the hand brake on and see. I hope it's nothing.