Bluetooth Module

itsmeagain

1.8T Sport Cabriolet
Reaction score
Just wondering what the call quality of the Audi bluetooth module is like when its fitted to an RNS-E. As i am in the process of getting the RNS-E fitted in my car. I previously had a Parrot bluetooth kit fitted in my last car and that was very good.

Just wondering what the call quality of the Audi bluetooth module is like when its fitted to an RNS-E. As i am in the process of getting the RNS-E fitted in my car. I previously had a Parrot bluetooth kit fitted in my last car and that was very good.

My experience is that its VERY good !

If you get the Bluetooth Module, i'd be happy to recode your RNS-E for you......

Here they are; http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-Bluetooth-KIT-RNS-E-A4-8E0-A3-TT-A6-UHV-RNS-BNS-/220590997397

I'd be quick though, I got mine 2 weeks ago and they've gone up £100 since then !

PS. If you want to listen to mine (try before you buy) you can pop round anytime (I know its a long trip to Jct 18 of the M6) but if your passing ;-)

Had a Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth with the RNS-E and that was good - earlier in the year upgraded to Audi OEM BT with the RNS-E and quality is excellent!
Highly recommended upgrade if you can afford current prices as per Ebay supplier.
I purchased my BT from ebayer listed above - but it was alot cheaper then as mentioned above.

Also be aware - microphone plug was modified by supplier and did not work out the box - had to swap the two mic wires over - then worked fine. Make sure mic and mic plugs are original OEM - will fit in roof console with no problem or further modification then.
>>Information Here on MIC issue<<

Last edited:
Also be aware - microphone plug was modified by supplier and did not work out the box - had to swap the two mic wires over - then worked fine. Make sure mic and mic plugs are original OEM - will fit in roof console with no problem or further modification then.
Put it on a thread somewhere?

Funny that, So did I ! :rolleyes:

Well my "Q" version of my Bluetooth Module worked fine with my old Nokia (circa 4 years old) but I cannot load my address book from my new Nokia X6....although I can still make and answer calls but no address book is uploaded....

Nokia X6 works perfectly with the Wifes Parrot CK3100 by the way

It is not the greatest quality on a cab, you pick up a lot of background noise if you have it higher than the lowest setting and because of where the mic goes (on the wrong side of the overhead light fitting) you need to have it higher sensitivity.

I ended up taking my mic apart and have it sticking out of the windowscreen lining straight infront of me, shields it from outside noise and its infront of my mouth

Latest firmware AA works with my Nokia N97 perfectly including phonebook

I had a CK3200 and the quality was a lot better only got the Audi Bluetooth to add the option of the Speech Dialogue System to control the satnav, radio etc etc

only got the Audi Bluetooth to add the option of the Speech Dialogue System to control the satnav, radio etc etc

blackpool, you dont need the bluetooth kit to do that, only the mic and wire it directly to the rns-e , code it for voice, add sds hack, job done