Colour DIS

I upgraded mine to colour dis (or Ben did at Shark Performance, fully coded all 3 keys etc). It is much better than the red one, especially with the RNS-E.:)

How much did it cost to have done, my mates got the colour DIS in his avant and it looks better than the red one.

I upgraded mine to colour dis (or Ben did at Shark Performance, fully coded all 3 keys etc). It is much better than the red one, especially with the RNS-E.:)

Can you upload some piccies ?

How much for Supply and Fitting mate inc DIS with Washer Level

Also, how easy is the Glovebox CD Changer to do, What parts do I need to attach to my RNS-E ?

apart from colour, what differences are there between the two? i mean im pretty happy with my red one as it is.... so please impress me!! :meeting:

IMG00018-20100514-1807.jpg

i think its exactly the same, just colour screen, more pixels so the text renders much crisper and cleaner

Oh and check out the MPG!!! lol

Stranger here, I'm from the B5 forum......And have to say that is one sexy DIS!!! DO IT!!!!

Wow thats a low MPG you have going on there, I mean I get 36mpg out of my 330D! Is it an auto or manual?
The DIS looks the muts nuts though:o.k:

I've always quite fancied a colour DIS too, that are the nav directions like on the colour one? I've heard that with the colour one you don't have to reset the nav (or power off and on) after opening a door, is that right?

The nav directions look alot better, like i said before, it has alot more pixels and the text/directions look very crisp and clean.

Get one! lol

Can you upload some piccies ?

How much for Supply and Fitting mate inc DIS with Washer Level

Also, how easy is the Glovebox CD Changer to do, What parts do I need to attach to my RNS-E ?

I will try to get some pics up in a day or two.
I fitted the new dis stalk and washer bottle sensor myself at the same time as I fitted cruise so I cannot give you a cost for this.
Contact Ben at Shark Perfomance http://www.sharkperformance.co.uk/ He can give you a price for fitting all the parts you want. You will probably have to find a colour dis cluster though. I found a brand new one for £200. I think all the prices you need are on Bens website. He is also a member on here and Tyresmoke, try sending him a PM 'shark_90' very helpful chap.
The glovebox cd changer should have been very straight forward but I did not have the correct plug adaptor to fit it to the RNS-E harness so I took the pins out of the plug from the CD changer and fitted them directly into the quadlock connector that fits into the back of the RNS-E.
I bought a complete glovebox with the cd changer fitted. The guy I bought it from also gave me the cable from the cd changer to the RNS-E. These can be bought direct from Audi or http://www.kufatec.de

Last edited:
You have to make sure you get a B6 one as the immobilisers are different.

Can you not just remove the colour screen and swap them over? I thought that was all that was required?

Do you mean from a coloured cluster to a red cluster? If so fairly certain all the connections are different. I believe someone tried.