Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

99p for audi a4 2.0 tdi front subframe/struts/parts/complete

2. # ADS
    ADS

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    Hope its not you thats listing them...

I've just filed a report against it for Fee Avoidance. They've got a 100 "postage" charge for Collection in person, so that 99p suddenly gets very expensive.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

4th Gear

Status
    wow you must be loads of fun at partys

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    Fun? Its about the principle mate.

You bid an amount your prepared to pay, win the auction, and suddenly your faced with a bill thats 100 higher. Plus if that occurred, the winning bidder would then be the one in the wrong if they backed out.

I stuck a tenner on it, because i am actually in the market for some uprights, get my bid confirmation thru and notice it says "Postage 100". At first i thaught that wouldnt matter as i would plan to collect it myself, then i looked closer and realised the only shipping option was "Collection in Person" and they were charging 100 for it.

I dunno about you, but i dont particularly enjoy people trying to rip me off, and a hidden 100 charge for "postage" is taking the piss just a little!

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

Loving the anonymity

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    Hope its not you thats listing them...

I've just filed a report against it for Fee Avoidance. They've got a 100 "postage" charge for Collection in person, so that 99p suddenly gets very expensive.
    I gotta agree with you mate. If you look at all the stuff they sell they do the same thing. It's so annoying how people always try cheat the system, rather than just doing it honestly, and then everyone gets screwed over. I could understand the 100 postage charge if they delivered it. Oh well....

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    Fun? Its about the principle mate.

You bid an amount your prepared to pay, win the auction, and suddenly your faced with a bill thats 100 higher. Plus if that occurred, the winning bidder would then be the one in the wrong if they backed out.

I stuck a tenner on it, because i am actually in the market for some uprights, get my bid confirmation thru and notice it says "Postage 100". At first i thaught that wouldnt matter as i would plan to collect it myself, then i looked closer and realised the only shipping option was "Collection in Person" and they were charging 100 for it.

I dunno about you, but i dont particularly enjoy people trying to rip me off, and a hidden 100 charge for "postage" is taking the piss just a little!
    But its not hidden, it says it right under the shipping options, just because you assumed you could collect for free.

I don't know how freely you send your money away , but I like to take a good look into things before I buy them.

Loving the anonymity

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutkin View Post
    But its not hidden, it says it right under the shipping options, just because you assumed you could collect for free.

I don't know how freely you send your money away , but I like to take a good look into things before I buy them.
    Come on mate, while i agree to a certain degree it does seem odd paying for delivery when you are collecting something. Would you pay extra to go collect a pizza in person? I agree that it does indeed clearly state postage terms, but it still makes it wrong as the seller is blatantly avoiding final value fees for ebay. Oh yes, and true to form, this site has a smiley for EVERYTHING!!!