Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

question before buying one.

lots of the audis I see on auto trader have black unpainted valances and sides, is the black just a sticker on the sides? as it seems to cover the doors too. I've got some B7 skirts to go on, which will cover the lower part, just wondered about the bit above that.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Without selling picture im not 100% sure, but i think you are talking about the door blades? these are normally colour coded i think..

What models are you looking at?
    Audi A4 TDi 130 Sport

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    They were painted if the original buyer wanted a colour coded car i think other than that you will have to paint yourself
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Both SE models and Sports came with unpainted bumper and door lowers until late 2003 or so.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

1st Gear

Status
    thats what I mean the se 1.9tdi avant has black sills and lower doors, what is it exactly, would it just need painting, or is it a part I can remove?
    like this for instance, its the part where the door blades would go.

thanks
    Matt

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Yes so basically you have the B7 skirts so that'll cover the lower black skirts currently on then the door trims where the blades go you can either colourcode them or by Blades and they will replace them = No more Black

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    ....oh and they are plastic so yes painting required (thats if you were keeping them on)

1st Gear

Status
    understood, thats greta thanks, just couldn't work out whether they detached or not, cheers
    Matt,
    should be picking mine up next week, i cant wait!!!

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah the lower door trims are really easy to remove. I have just had mine colour coded when I had the Votex kit fitted.

Open the door up and they are held on the inside of the door with a phillips screw at each end. Take these out then the trim just slides off the door.

Current Car:

A3 S-Line TDI 140bhp Sportback in Misano Red Pearl with Audi Open Sky System, Chrome Roof Rails, Full Leather, Front Armrest with Audi Phone Prep, MFSW, Cruise Control, Auto Wipers, Auto Lights, Auto Dim Mirror, Rear Parking Sensors, Bose Stereo, Privacy Glass, Ambient & Footwell Lighting and Puddle Lights.

Pic soon

Gone but not forgotten:

Audi A4 TDI Sport Avant in Denim Blue
    VW Golf Mk4 GTTDI
    Vauxhall Calibra 2.0 16V 150bhp Red Top
    Vauxhall NovaVAN 1.5TD