Volks AutosSky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

g85 steering angle sensor prob

So i installed my dis stalk tonight. all appears to be working fine except the g85 problem and the steering wheel is tight/rubbing. I tried to do the alighnment thing but can get no measurment readings from the sensor. I re-used my steering module so i know its good. I am at a loss as to what it could be, any ideas ? (I am getting a g85 error in vag com) Is it possible to put it in wrong ? break a wire ? over tighten something ?
    AUDI A4 Avant 1.9TDi Sport
    | RS4 RARB - RS6 18" - SLCR Spolier - HID's / Laminex / DRL's - Ext LED lighting - Ambient Lighting F+R - Dension300 / iPod Touch - Siemens Bluetooth - DIS - Cruise|

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Well 1st what are the logged faults so we can see them for sure, the exact log aswell please, without every module, just the faulting ones.

Also, check your pins havnt been bent when refitting any parts as this happens aswell, as me & another forum member found on another members A4 recently, who got someone else to do the 1st stage of the job which is identical to what you're trying to acheive.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status
    The rubbing is because you've not pushed the stalks back far enough.
    Look up through where the steering column adjuster is. You can see the allen key that holds the stalks on. Undo, push back, tighten up.

The faults, I had this problem. I did the alignment as told. I logged in with the car details. 09### you can get the type you need from the sticker in the tyre well. Log in, Code with the right option. Then log in with the 40168 (from memory, so check) and do the rest as you've been reading to do.
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.

1st Gear

Status
    I was debating with myself if i had push it far enough back. IIRC the error as 0038, faulty g85 sensor. As for login and coding the last owner had kindly removed the sticker so i had to work it out myself, 1.9tdi with 15" brakes ? when i go to do the alignment having logged in I go to 01 and get error. but when i do measuring blocks the wheels register movment but i get nothing from the steering wheel at all, so i have either broken a pin, not pushed back enough or damaged a connetion on the sscm. Going to try again later, ihave another sscm as back up :D Another think i noticed is when i try to flash full beams the stalk has to be pulled back much further than the last one. Could this be related ?
    | RS4 RARB - RS6 18" - SLCR Spolier - HID's / Laminex / DRL's - Ext LED lighting - Ambient Lighting F+R - Dension300 / iPod Touch - Siemens Bluetooth - DIS - Cruise|

1st Gear

Status

okay, getting there now, i hadn't put whole thing back together correctly . Now i have ( i had misaligned a plug, pushing the column out too far and rubbing against the wheel. Now my main problem is coding the abs module . The sticker is missing from my boot is anyone sure of the correct login and coding for a 1.9tdi 04 ? btw, fixed the highbeams, corroded contact on the stalk end

1st Gear

Status
    here are the error codes i'm getting..

Saturday,08,May,2010,19:02:55:51586
    VCDS Version: Release 908.2
    d6
    Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 8E0-614-517.lbl
    Control Module Part Number: 8E0 614 517
    Component and/or Version: ABS/ESP front 3429
    Software Coding: 00000
    Work Shop Code: WSC 00000
    2 Faults Found:

00778 - Steering Angle Sensor (G85)
    66-10 - Not Matched - Intermittent
    01044 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded
    35-00 - -

6th Gear

Status
    They're the normal faults that just require the coding as suggested.
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.

1st Gear

Status
    getting better;
    after finding the proper codes for my car, logged in, coded, then and this is the bit i was missing, re login using 40168.... 001, go. so now back to 2 orange lights as opposed to a 3rd red ( handbrake ) I will just drive a bit now and let the sensor calibrate itself....

1st Gear

Status
    All done.. Everything working now. I don't know how i missed it. I think i'll write a how too.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Glad you got it sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by defsix View Post
    I think i'll write a how too.
    Always appreciated!
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by defsix View Post
    I think i'll write a how too.
    Ross-Tech beat you to it, minus the incorrect fitment :

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...ch_5.7)#Coding

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...ch_8.0)#Coding

1st Gear

Status
    ok, everything has been working fine since this modification, however i am having a problem getting the steering wheel centred with the wheels. When performing calibration i first lock left then right, then drive 20m then centre the wheel, but when i do this the car isn't 100% straight. perform calibration , everything seems ok. But my car still is steering to one side. Should the steering wheel be straight or the wheels when doing this ? I thought it was the steering wheel so i took it off and adjusted it but it's off to the other side. Am i missing something here ?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yeah, get it aligned.