RNS-D coding

SirSpanky

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've finally returned to the Audi fold after selling my Coupe Quattro a couple of years ago, but need a little help with my Avant - The MFSW doesn't talk to the nav+.

I've had a look at the steering module with VCDS and that all looks fine, so where do i need to go from there?

Thanks in advance.

So I managed to find a page about RNS-D coding using the way-back machine to access the Nav-Plus website:

http://web.archive.org/web/20071026083330/www.nav-plus.com/programming.html

Everything checks out fine and the "Test Output" in VCDS does perform all the MFSW functions - leaving me with some-sort of connection issue between the buttons on the MFSW and the controller, annoyingly the gear buttons do work.

Can anybody help out with fault finding on a MFSW, or am I going to have to delay the RNS-E even longer as I'm going to have replace the steering wheel????

Firstly, pop your airbag off and see if its become disconnected inside. It may have worked loose some how. Does your horn and everything else work ok?

It's all good except for the 6 radio/telephone buttons...

And popping the air-bag off, hopefully that's not as hard/dangerous as it sounds???:think:

On a side note, how do I change the thread name as this is now nothing to do with the RNS-D?

Not sure on changing the title.
2 Screws hold in the airbag to the steering wheel.

What is the coding of the rns-d and scsm module