How to fit Votex side skirts Audi A4?

braf89

Reaction score
Hi Im after getting a set of side skirts which I think are Votex. Im just wondering do they have to be placed on over the original sills or can the sills be removed in order for the side skirts to fit more flush? The insirts on the side skirts to show where the "jacking" points are have what looks to be genuine audi part numbers (8E0 *** ***) I cant remember the exact numbers. Any one have any idea if it can be done.

id say you take the old ones off mate or they will not sit right

Hi Im after getting a set of side skirts which I think are Votex. Im just wondering do they have to be placed on over the original sills or can the sills be removed in order for the side skirts to fit more flush? The insirts on the side skirts to show where the "jacking" points are have what looks to be genuine audi part numbers (8E0 *** ***) I cant remember the exact numbers. Any one have any idea if it can be done.

There are two types of OEM side skirts you can use on the B6, you've got the B6 Votex which is the one that goes on top of your existing skirts and the Votex B7 skirts (they fit on the B6 chassis), your existing skirts will have to be removed (there are a number of screws holding it in place) and then the Votex skirt screws in place (instruction advise the use of bonding adhesive). I plan to install mine (B7 skirts) this week, since I'm off work.

There are two types of OEM side skirts you can use on the B6, you've got the B6 Votex which is the one that goes on top of your existing skirts and the Votex B7 skirts (they fit on the B6 chassis), your existing skirts will have to be removed (there are a number of screws holding it in place) and then the Votex skirt screws in place (instruction advise the use of bonding adhesive). I plan to install mine (B7 skirts) this week, since I'm off work.

Could you send me a picture off what your b7 side skirts look like.My email is brendanraftery@mail.com The ones I have, have 2 (or 3) screw holes on each side like where it would get screwed in the wheel arches. And there is a weird extra piece supplied. It is just a curved bit of plastic with the same screw holes in it. There is just 2 of them one for each side but I dont know is it for the front or back of the skirts.

Could you send me a picture off what your b7 side skirts look like.My email is brendanraftery@mail.com The ones I have, have 2 (or 3) screw holes on each side like where it would get screwed in the wheel arches. And there is a weird extra piece supplied. It is just a curved bit of plastic with the same screw holes in it. There is just 2 of them one for each side but I dont know is it for the front or back of the skirts.

These are the B7 Votex skirts

P1000218.jpg

Images of one fitted

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...M-skirts-beautiful-Vancouver-day-new-PICTURES

they look good mate where did you get them from im after a good set

I bought them of the bay last year I've seen them going for £40 at Parts depot (ebay), Grab them while you can:icon_thumright:

I'm planning to fit a set of these on the weekend, weather permitting, so can take a few pictures if you want or make some notes and I have the instructions that came with them if you want. I could scan them in for you, you need an adhesive kit too (000 071 785 A), but it all looks pretty simple.

Rich

I'm planning to fit a set of these on the weekend, weather permitting, so can take a few pictures if you want or make some notes and I have the instructions that came with them if you want. I could scan them in for you, you need an adhesive kit too (000 071 785 A), but it all looks pretty simple.

Rich

Thanks that wold be perfect iof you could scan the instructions. Are yours the B6 ones or the B7 ones as above. I think mine are B6. Thanks again.

No problem, I can't do until Monday though sorry as I don't have them with me and I don't have a scanner at home :-(

Mine are the B7 ones