Reverse Camera

1wheelonly

cabriolet
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I know its been done before, but i installed my reverse camera today, all wired in and auto switching as it should, very please with the picture quality.
heres a quick pic to show you how neat the camera is.
obviously the angle of the pic is so you can see it all but from the rear of the car at normal height it is hardly visable.

cid_CAB4C952-838C-4B49-9CFF-2D55BAC.jpg

Nice job, very neat :icon_thumright:

Be sure to garage it overnight.....

looking good kiddo :)

c'mon though...lets see some pics of the rns showing the image :)

oh...and get some new plates made up you tight wad lol

thats nice mate where did you pick it up and did it cost a lot ?

:respekt: That looks sweet. Like Marky says lets see see pics or video of it all working.

Is that the camera you showed me a while ago ? and did you make the housing it sits in ?

Is that one of the ebay ones that replaces the numberplate light?
Looks good fella. I was thinking about it last week!

mark, yes mate, deffo need a new plate, does look tatty dont it.

speedy, no mate different camera, all complete unit.

simon, got it off the bay, not expensive at all, but be sure to check fitment first as they do vairey.

blacky, you are correct, again check fitment first.

will take some pics tomorrow of the rns-e, im pleased with it, it even gives a grid up on the display.

you will have to bare in mind that its now pitch black out there so you only get a pic of what is lit by the reverse light alone, and this was taken with my phone, i will take a better one tomorrow in the day and post it up.
the grid is like an overlay, i guess to help with judging the distance.

cid_03CD34F4-4B78-46CD-A8C0-763296A.jpg

was it cold where you are see the heating set too hi lol
thats cool but i dont have the head unit :sorry:

was it cold where you are see the heating set too hi lol
thats cool but i dont have the head unit :sorry:

nah mate, been lovely but because ive had the roof down it auto turns the heaters up, i guess you ll just have to stick to rolling the windows down lmfao :nyah:

yeah...nice mod buddy

be up soon to get on on the tourvan ;)

deffo mark !!! let me know when, we will make a day of it mate, im sure we can find plenty to do on your new motor.
ill look forward to it mate, its been a while

Looks like a pretty good picture. I ordered one of these myself about a week ago, not arrived yet though.

prices vairey on the cameras, think kufatech sell them and audi do oem ones obviously, ebay also offers varients, so the range from around £30 to £130.
an interface is also required for the rns-e to recieve video signals, there around £90 to £150.
fitting it wasnt to bad, running the cables to the front is always fun, getting the number plate out is a pain as the screws holding them in are *****.
vagcom is also required, along with repair wires, connecter blocks etc etc.

i can offer fitting or supply and fit if anyones interested, obviously this will depend on what kit you already have in your car at presant.

That is very smart, much better than having reversing sensors.

Looks good, nice and neat. Very discreet.

Yup, you need fresh plates and the car looked filthy lol, thought you polished it the other day haa haa...... get ure chores done Lea...

Looks good, nice and neat. Very discreet.

Yup, you need fresh plates and the car looked filthy lol, thought you polished it the other day haa haa...... get ure chores done Lea...

Couldn't agree more! Get it washed you slacker!

But seriously, the camera looks rather impressive mate. If I had RNS i'd be up for getting this rather than retrofitting parking sensors, but doubt i'll personally do it. I'm quite impressed by the picture quality I must admit. I think you mentioned it in first post, but I take it that the camera automatically comes on as soon as you put it in reverse?

yes, shes ****** fithy again, im sure its down to that ****** volcano !!!!
i will give her some tlc today, i may even treat her to a new plate....lol

Good work 1wheel that is a good mod and defo better than parking sensors as you dont have to have those silly little holes in your bumper,

The module that goes with the RNSE to make it show the picture is that all the module does or does it have any other functions eg letting you put say a PS2 or DVD player into your RNSE?

Cheers Lea

Interesting, thats a nice little addition. Might have to look into getting one of those as i do like the rear camera thing you have done (would be very useful on my Avant with my parking skills). Plus if it gives the versatility of adding other inputs it makes it much better value.

All comes down to the fitting of it once again as running a cable from the RNSE to the back of the car sounds like lots of fun or a complete nightmare if your me :)

i have also played about with my wiring and have added spliters etc to allow multi ins/outs as obviously i have several inputs and outputs to rns-e and each headrest screen.

does that interface only have one video in socket? how do you split the video in to allow 2 sources such as camera and dvd?

Lea, your boys have painted coloured lines on the driveway, kids these days huh.

:jester:

yes mate, just replied to you, gone over it a bit more in the pm mate.
any probs ring me, i sent you my number.
a very nice mod, youll be pleased with it,along with the picture quality.

Worthwhile mod i say, i have a similar set up but with an aftermarket HU on my B5 and it works very well. I am glad i don't need can bus this and that like you guys do though.

Keep it up, keep raising the bar guys..