Alarm buttons on door.LED`s not lit.

qawsed

Reaction score
Been having probs with battery draining for ages,too long a story to repeat.
Trying things myself at the moment.
I have got to the alarm and found the siren still works (never heard alarm sound).
But i can not get the buttons in the door to light.The manual says they should light to indicate on/of.
Can anyone give details,should they stay lit or go out after a while?
Also can you pull a fuse to disable the alarm at all?

they should stay flashing the whole time the car is locked/armed
sounds to me that you have a fault somewhere, not necesarly alarm related which is causing the alarm not ot arm.
is the red warning triangle going out after about 20-30 seconds or staying lit.
do your indicators flash to comfirm lock/arm

you need to scan the car really mate, do you have access to vagcom

Which buttons do you mean? Do you mean the ones down the bottom of the drivers door to disable vibration alarm etc? If so, I've fiddled with mine in the past, but can't remember in what state it's illuminated.

I used to have a similar issue with my 8L S3 it did it because it didnt recognise the driver door was closing and therefore would not enable the alarm so the red lights didnt flash. If i slammed the dorr a couple of times it would eventually work properly. It was worse in the hot weather not sure why though.

So maybe one of the microswitches that tells the car if the doors, bonnet, boot etc isnt working so your alarm wont arm.

I am a knobhead! i did a bad job of explaining,i forgot the flashing led on the top of door !

I mean the 2 buttons on the storage pocket at the bottom of the door.The 2 buttons which turn the tilt and movement sensor on/of.

Mine never seem to to lit . i can flip/click the switchs and nothing seems to change.
The indicators flash and the alarm does work and siren does sound.I was trying to turn the sensors off to see if a batt drain goes away.
Grasping at straws here to fing cause of persistent drain. Audi MD and good indi have scanned the memory and no faults other than flat batt point to the prob lem.
I think it is the conveince module under seat which as been wet in the past BUT the only prob i have is flat batt (very often) and the folding mirrors work 50/50% of the time.I am loath to change the module in case it is not the prob.

Those two buttons are pretty simple. With mine I would turn the car off, usually open the door and flick the relevant one on. They light up with a small red LED and will disable the appropriate function (I've only tried disabling the movement sensors when the dogs in the car). Then next time you start the car they reset themselves.

On mine the led does not light on either.
Does it matter if ignition is on OR off?

I had this and it was caused by the loom plug not pushed into the switches properly. I took the door screws out popped the lower half of the door card then I could see and reach up to plug it in, bingo it works. Im sure this was like this from when the car was built so could be same problem.