1.9tdi operating temp

stu_m

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
what is the normal running temp of the 1.9tdi ?

mine very rarely gets above 70 degrees

always sits at 70 and when stuck in traffic it will rise to just below 90

ive heard they are supposed to run at 90

cheers stu

Yup, 90 is right.
Your thermo stat could be stuck open like my 2.5 one :(

thanks for the reply

cant see it been the stat unless its just sticking a bit as it warms up pretty quickly!!!

ive had a car with a stat stuck open and it wouldnt get warm at all lol

what other things is it worth checking ?

where does it get the temp reading from ? is it the temp sensor that is round the back of the head ?

Not sure where the sensor is on the 1.9tdi, I'd like to know this my self as our lasses is well out!

thanks for the replies

i think im going to change the stat and the sensor as they are cheap enough!!

just a thought could the sensor cause starting issues ? mine will turn over for a fair bit before firing other and sometimes it will fire straight away!!

Mine was doing this ,
and i also thought that it wouldnt be the thermostate as it would get to 70 no problems but after changing the ecu temp sensor (which also does the guage ) i changed the thermostate and housing and hey presto upto 90 and stays there whatever happens .

Get the genuine audi one, I fitted an after market stat from euro car parts and with normal motor way driving I always get around 75, but when in traffic it does up to 90. I'm going to rip it out next weekend and fit a genuine one.

Get the genuine audi one, I fitted an after market stat from euro car parts and with normal motor way driving I always get around 75, but when in traffic it does up to 90. I'm going to rip it out next weekend and fit a genuine one.
Genuine all the way , i also fitted the plastic housing as i always do with any plastic water component on any car as they quite often go brittle and leak when not renewed .