tyre noise

scott b

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
just had some new tyres fitted, and there seems to be a drone type noise coming from the front of the car, if with the car out of gear, or the clutched dipped at speed 60mph you can still hear it

the tyres are bridgestone potenza 235/40 R18

anyone else had anything like it,

cheers

i had this i was told its the tread patern and some makes are just louder than otheres it took me a long time
to get used to it when i got my car last july every one though i was going nuts with can you hear that lol

I notice the noise when I drive my sons 2.5 TDI with these tyres compared to my standard 16s

You never know though! Reason I say is I had new tyres and it made the noise, I even changed a wheel bearing and the noise is still there....I drive slow, still there.....fast..still there!
Had the Rs6's put on with different tyres that were on them......STILL there :banghead:

if im truthful with you i think its just an audi thing love the car but tyre noise is there all the time unles on a really smoth road

You never know though! Reason I say is I had new tyres and it made the noise, I even changed a wheel bearing and the noise is still there....I drive slow, still there.....fast..still there!
Had the Rs6's put on with different tyres that were on them......STILL there :banghead:

i hope it is the tyres as ive had a new set fitted and since then, the noise has apeared

i hope it is the tyres as ive had a new set fitted and since then, the noise has apeared
Wasnt trying to scare you mate, just loking at possabilities but now you said the noise come after you fitted the tyres then it sounds like the tread pattern need a little wearing in maybe!
Maybe I should have read your first post properly lol :keule:

just had some new tyres fitted, and there seems to be a drone type noise coming from the front of the car, if with the car out of gear, or the clutched dipped at speed 60mph you can still hear it

the tyres are bridgestone potenza 235/40 R18

anyone else had anything like it,

cheers

it could also be that the tracking/alignment is slightly out