Dropping top...

Louis Cronin

Reaction score
All you clever people out there...question

Is it possible to drop the top with using the key thob without installing an additional magic box thingy?

Also, i cannot roll the windows down using the key? I had to code this in on my old golf? Is it the same?

Thanks

i see something on youtube .last night where a guy used vag-com to close his sun roof so id think you can and the windows too
my sport opens and shuts my windows with the key already so id think again its a vagcom thing

nope, cant be done, you have to purchase and extra module to do this, i have the kufatec one and a few on here have the smartop module, both very simular but the smartop has a few more functions.
you wont get the windows to do it either on a cab, reason unknown, again only with the module.

I stand corrected :p
You really do know alittle bit too much 1wheel!

What a load of rubbish! lol

how much is one of these modules? and how easy are they to fit?

I agree with 1Wheel and through research I don't think it can be done. You have to buy and install an extra module. There are a couple available, I bought the smartop and it works very well.

you can do it by holding the key in the open position in the drivers door lock as long as its been coded....not quite as cool but 200 quid cheaper !!!!!