REMAPPED AVANT 1.9 TDI

Dubsta

NINOBROWN
Reaction score
I HAVE RECENTLY HAD MY 1.9 TDI AVANT 130 REMAPPED BY JBS IT NOW PRODUCES AROUND 180 BHP AND 280LBS OF TORQUE IT DRIVES LIKE A DREAM AND PULLS LIKE STINK I'M THINKING OF THE STAGE 2 MAP HAS ANYONE DONE THIS AND IS IT WORTH IT?

If stage 1 gives you 180bhp. What on earth do you get from the stage 2?

Mines 165ish I'd probably want more if the car could handle it traction wise. 1st and 2nd are useless with anymore power, 3rd and all the way to the top gear is fine. Just don't forget to add a new uprated Sachs flywheel/clutch to your 'stage 2' upgrade.

it can be nightmareish depending on the driving style odd occasion 3rd gear spin tound corner

nah mate only when b7 avant tdi's try it lol

Had mine done 2 weeks ago, at my best mates garage it was a one off custom re-map taking it from 130 bhp to around 175 bhp. Mines the step-tronic model and it spins the front wheels now i asked him about going to stage 2 and it costs quiet a lot for not that much more really, to get proper increases after stage one he told me it would be better to use a bigger turbo...GULP....

Yep, its not the HP its that torque that makes it a battle to get the power down.

Friend of mine has a 3.0ltr turbo on his PD130 golf with water injection and bunch of other mods, its around 240hp not sure on the torque but exceeding 350ft/lbs. It is shockingly fast does 13.9 1/4 mile times. But its just scary to use on a daily basis so its got different map modes just to tame it for normal driving.

I'd love the same but then i'd probably go quattro to have a fighting chance of getting the power down.

Oh, and all these claims of power means nothing without a real world power run on a proper dyno. I've come from several yrs of tuning the poodle out of Jap cars and know all too well that whats claimed and whats actual are never what you think.