Rust bubbling through??

moorheadbrian

moorheadbrian
Reaction score
Ok so i purchased a 2002 1.9TDI SE A4 for my second car there about two weeks ago

75K on the clock and Full Service History

After a good detailing session the other day i've found the paint bubbling in spots across the doors and in one corner of one of the doors.
Is this a common problem, the car is only 8 years old and i thought they were galvanised and had corrosion warranty for 12years?
The reason i bought the car is because i have an old school mini and i'm sconered to the teeth looking at rust, i certainly am not expecting it from an audi. I am selling a mk4 golf in the same year with near perfect paint.:nunu:

Ok so i purchased a 2002 1.9TDI SE A4 for my second car there about two weeks ago

75K on the clock and Full Service History

After a good detailing session the other day i've found the paint bubbling in spots across the doors and in one corner of one of the doors.
Is this a common problem, the car is only 8 years old and i thought they were galvanised and had corrosion warranty for 12years?
The reason i bought the car is because i have an old school mini and i'm sconered to the teeth looking at rust, i certainly am not expecting it from an audi. I am selling a mk4 golf in the same year with near perfect paint.:nunu:

Yes mine's got a few blisters on the doors, it's a 53 plate ! have a look, at about page two ( paint corrosion ) ... by, chrisash32 ...
Believe he's taken his back to AUDI under there anti corrosion warranty !!!

Got it on mine, on the inner turn of the wheel archs.

Those wheel arch liners, much like a carpet are culprit. They hold moisture for days and just beat on the paint/metal over time causing rust. Saying that I have noticed a little bubble on the rear tailgate aswell :(

yeh, tell me about it... Audi told me to get stuffed as its a 7 yr old car

mines bubbling through along the chrome strip at the bottom of the drivers window the full length not happy but at least i could get a new door. Non anywhere else yet

I've got some on the top of my nearside wing, I thought it was probably a pattern wing but maybe not.