mk 2 audi tt roadster alloys, will they fit my b6 avant???

Leaky Lloyd

Reaction score
hi all,,new to this forum,
just bought my 1st audi and so far im chuffed to bits with it but me being me,,it does need some fettling!!!!
its an 05 plate avant sport tdi 190 in silver with grey leather and alcantara trim!!!
its gunna need some window tints,,not too dark though,,, and some desent alloy wheels cos the standard ones just aren't doing it for me!!!
ive got my eye on some audi tt mk2 roadster alloys,,!
will these fit my baby????
ive been told they will cos its the mk 2 tt, but apparently they will fit right under the arches rather than right upto them!!!
im wanting to give the car a wider look so obviously this isnt a good look for me!!!
can anyone confirm this??????
also,,,if they do and anyone has fitted tt wheels to an a4,,have they used spacers to get that wider look!!
i had spacers on my old mk4 astra for the same look and the handling was crap and they caused vibration!!!!
what you reckon????
thanks fella's!!!!

:sign_welcome:

The TT wheels wills fit but I don't know what the offset is. OEM B6 wheels are 43 +/-. If you want the wheels to sit right out I'd be looking for an offset nearer 35 (which I doubt the TT will have). Decent spacers will be fine, lots of people run 10mm spacers with no problems.

Incidentally if yours is an 05 it's most like a B7 - and they don't do a 190 TDi...... or did you mean 1.9?

no matey,,its definately a b6,, same front end as yours with gmbh kit,its just about the latest reg they did in the b6 before going to b7,,,ive only every seen mine and one more!!!!
what are your views on replica wheels aswell matey,,ive been told to stay clear of em cos the build quality is rubbish?

Ah ok, I think the run out Avants did come on an 05 plate now you mention it. I've only ever seen one.

Replica's are a contentious issue, plenty of people have no issues with them, personally I think for what you have to pay for a 'decent' set you're better off with genuine wheels. I've heard of replica's bending, buckling, cracking and breaking, plus the weight can be an issue.

yeah,,,similar to what ive heard matey,,
i think i want origional audi rims but there are some nice looking after market jobby's out there too!!!!!
i think theres a certain look that needs to be achieved though personaly and what looks better than audi rims????? not much!
not rushing into anything just yet,,but i am a little gutted about the tt roadster wheels!, think they would have looked spot on!
rs4 and rs6 wheels have been done to death so im not too keen on those!!!!
any more ideas?

make sure you get hubcentric spacers, this will eliminate the wheel wobble issue you had.

does anyone know the minimum offset i can fit without fouling the arch rims ?

An offset of about 35 would be as low as I would go personally, if you intend on stretching the tyres then perhaps 30 or maybe even further...

i have 35 offsets and deffinately no fouling with a 235 35 19 tyre. even with 5 people in the car and a caravan on the back!