MFSW

AudiLeon

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I have a wanting for a mfsw.
I have a sccm ending in Q so i beleive thats good for the job.
What slipring and wheel do you suggest?

I take it you mean a B7 MFSW.

Slip ring will be 4E0 953 541 A OR B

The world is your oyster steering wheel wise, main choice either round or flat bottomed

I've seen one that I'm not sure is from a B7. But is from an A4
Cheers Blackpool.

!Bp88brgCGk~$(KGrHqEH-CcEuYLIK3lpBLtlj2iULg~~_12.JPG

This seem ok for the job?

!Bp88brgCGk~$(KGrHqEH-CcEuYLIK3lpBLtlj2iULg~~_12.JPG

This seem ok for the job?

I have that exact same wheel and it works a treat and I'd best lost without it now. I normally do all my mods myself, but because an airbag and after seeing one hit someone in the face once, I wont touch them, I got Hazzy Days to fit it, they did a good job too and provided me with a used slip ring and control module. I appreciate it cost me more than if I did it myself, but at the same time it was easy too :)

Rich

Forgot to say, if the steering wheel is 8P0 419 091 BG 1KT, then the air-bag you need is 4F0 880 201 BA 6PS.

Rich

Forgot to say, if the steering wheel is 8P0 419 091 BG 1KT, then the air-bag you need is 4F0 880 201 BA 6PS.

Rich
Super star, I don't know the part number yet. But if thats right, least I'll know the airbag.
Thanks muchly!

Sorted a slipring now for 35 quid.
Just need an airbag. Got the steering wheel for 50.

blacky, sell the four spoke and get yourself a three spoke mate, look nicer and will probably be easier to source an cheap airbag for aswell mate.

Might flog it, i bought it fairly cheap. So I'm in no big rush to sort a bag out. Got everything else now, got the module and slipring so justneed a bag or a different setup.

blacky, why not go the whole hog and do a flat bottom, heres mine just to tease ya lol

DSC03142.jpg

blacky, why not go the whole hog and do a flat bottom, heres mine just to tease ya lol

DSC03142.jpg
Surely going by my RNS-E Standards i should be ordering a Scania steering wheel!

Still not 100% on the 3 spoke, i just want the buttons on my wheel as I had them on my basic old Vectra!

Wallacr,
Not sure because there seems to be cut outs for it.

glad to help mate, i nearly bought it for you, didnt know if you were keeping the 4 bar or if you had already sourced one. i wouldnt of been stuck with it though, id of just split it all and sold seperately, like you say it has cruise too along with i assume the module and a slipring, you cant go wront mate.

glad to help mate, i nearly bought it for you, didnt know if you were keeping the 4 bar or if you had already sourced one. i wouldnt of been stuck with it though, id of just split it all and sold seperately, like you say it has cruise too along with i assume the module and a slipring, you cant go wront mate.

Tis very good of you fella. I'm happy as hell! Job for the weekend!

Well the steering wheel and slip ring are here. Arranged collection of the airbag and bits for today, delivery for tomorrow.
Might go fit them and fit the airbag tomorrow.

Got a strange problem, it won't take the steering angle. I'm using the steering angle sensor that was on my old slipring. I've tried my old slip ring. I just get a message out intermitant problem and not matched.

Any ideas?

On a slightly different subject..Do you need to find a home for the control module and cruise stalk from the steering wheel you bought ? Ta

Well, depending on part numbers..I could mainly find a home for them ;)
Steve

If you look to re-home the Control module and stalk feel free to PM me BlackQuat.
Cheers 1wheel :)

All i had to do today was sort the airbag and vagcom the airbag light.
Sorted, you have a pm steve!

all done blacky ? you please with it ? are you keeping the 4 bar on then ? did you do the sds hack ?

I don't have any bluetooth stuff, so no point in the SDS hack. Thats next on my list though!
Sticking with the 4 bar i think, i quite like it. If i decide to change I'll try and source another bargin.
This MFSW has cost me 160 quid so far. But I still have the cruise, dis, module, slipring and steering sensor left over.

Love it, had a good play with it last night!

you dont need the bluetooth stuff for sds ! it also controls your radio, cd's and navigation !!!
get it done, its a doddle

Just a quick point for all.
After a chat with 1wheel, he got me thinking about SDS.
I remembered I had a old microphone in there from a old setup.
So i stripped the wires back, and fitted them into the rns-e. SW660 installed and SDS works without a Audi microphone.
I'll be changing to a genuine at some point, but it works now a few things you ahve to repeat twice. But I am a yorkshireman living on the border of lancashire. I assume my accent isn't the most average.