Chris NottBadger5
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    chrisash32's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    575

    Stunning B6 Avant infront of me this morning in Irlam!

    Morning all!
    Was off to our other office today so had the longer trip to work. Came off the M60 and spotted a stunning B6 Avant in green in front of me. 1.9 TDi but with twin outlets (sounds awesome!). Also larger wheels and over all in top condition..

    Got behind a bit further up and followed upto just near Awesome GTi (Useful working so close to this place!!).

    Just wondered if it was anyone from here?

    :D

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    crazy88's Avatar
    Loving the anonymity

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    4,806
    So are you saying that the car sounded awesome, or having two exhausts sounds like an awesome idea? I've considered upgrading my exhaust, but just hesitant since it's a dirty derv, and sounds like a tractor!

    And what green are we talking too? I don't see many green cars that I like!


  4. #3
    chrisash32's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy88 View Post
    So are you saying that the car sounded awesome, or having two exhausts sounds like an awesome idea? I've considered upgrading my exhaust, but just hesitant since it's a dirty derv, and sounds like a tractor!

    And what green are we talking too? I don't see many green cars that I like!
    The exhaust actually sounded really throaty, very very nice!!!

    It was like a forest green, never seen an a4 in it before!

  5. #4
    crazy88's Avatar
    Loving the anonymity

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    4,806
    Was it this colour? I saw this car in the classifieds here on AS.net, and it actually made me want a B5. It's a lovely colour when done right, but I can imagine it looking awful on a tired car too.

    http://audi-sport.net/classifieds/sh...e-avant&cat=21


  6. #5
    chrisash32's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy88 View Post
    Was it this colour? I saw this car in the classifieds here on AS.net, and it actually made me want a B5. It's a lovely colour when done right, but I can imagine it looking awful on a tired car too.

    http://audi-sport.net/classifieds/sh...e-avant&cat=21
    mmm nice!

    I would say it was a little lighter than that...

  7. #6
    J7USS's Avatar
    Shuddup Foooool!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    LEICESTER
    Posts
    3,671
    Was it defo a Tdi?
    Seen a few S4 avants in that colour...Very rare!

  8. #7
    chrisash32's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by J7USS View Post
    Was it defo a Tdi?
    Seen a few S4 avants in that colour...Very rare!
    yeh, it still had the 1.9TDi badge on the rear..

  9. #8
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    66
    Could be a decoy badge? I know I'd sleep better at night with a TDi badge on my S4. But I haven't got an S4.
    '04 A4 Avant 1.8T Quattro LE - Retrofitted: RNS-E, Bluetooth, front centre ambient lights, full DIS, cruise control, alcantara steering wheel, more to follow....

    Gone but not forgotten - '98 A3 1.6 SE, '01 S3, '01 A4 1.8T Quattro SE, '02 TTC 225, '04 A3 3.2 Quattro S-Line DSG

  10. #9
    Marc1's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    721
    The twin exhaust does sound pretty good for a diesel, especially at higher revs. Couldn't believe it when I did mine, great mod for
    not too much cash. Imagine the Milltek's sound even better.
    For Sale
    B6 S Line Saloon rear bumper,B6 A4 Upper Grille,B6 1.9TDI catback exhaust,B6/B7 Full Piano black inlays,B6/B7 RNS E/GPS Sharkfin,B6/B7 Side airbags,B7 2.0TDI Intercooler and MAP sensor

  11. #10
    crazy88's Avatar
    Loving the anonymity

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    4,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc1 View Post
    The twin exhaust does sound pretty good for a diesel, especially at higher revs. Couldn't believe it when I did mine, great mod for
    not too much cash. Imagine the Milltek's sound even better.
    How much cash are we talking? (roughly?) And are yours visible through the rear valance, or still downpipes at the back? I kindof like having no pipe showing.


  12. #11
    Marc1's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    721
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy88 View Post
    How much cash are we talking? (roughly?) And are yours visible through the rear valance, or still downpipes at the back? I kindof like having no pipe showing.
    Really depends on how lucky you get on the bay. Standard exhausts come up all the time from 1.8T and 2.0T when people upgrade so bargains can be had. Just remember it's like for like so if you've got a 4 cylinder diesel you need to get an exhaust from a 4 cylinder petrol, equally if you're FWD you'll need a FWD exhaust, etc. Then you need a heatshield and exhaust hanger (cheap from the dealer) and a rear valance, again this can be found on the bay if you're patient. However f you like you're hidden tailpipes there s no point in doing this mod, lol.

    This is what mine looked like before I sold it.
    For Sale
    B6 S Line Saloon rear bumper,B6 A4 Upper Grille,B6 1.9TDI catback exhaust,B6/B7 Full Piano black inlays,B6/B7 RNS E/GPS Sharkfin,B6/B7 Side airbags,B7 2.0TDI Intercooler and MAP sensor

  13. #12
    chrisash32's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    575

    Re: Stunning B6 Avant infront of me this morning in Irlam!

    I really need to do this mod! Just need the bumper and a doner exhaust for my friend to copy!

  14. #13
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,137

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    I've had a turboback exhaust on my 2.0 TDI and on full chatter it sounds raspy as hell, like a V6!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO