3 into 2.5

ianh

Reaction score
anyone know whether the backboxes of a 3 litre tdi cab will fit the 2.5tdi,along with the bottom apron? got behind a 3 litre today and looked much better than my 2.5.

The 3.0TDi is a B7 model so has a totally different rear bumper.

I'm sure the back boxes would fit - but all you would need to do is a get a rear valance with the exhaust cut outs and weld some Powerflow tips on.

Does the OP have a cab? It doesn't say so in his post unless I've misread it.

yep,mines the b6 cab 2.5.the apron on the 3 tdi maybe the same as the 1.8 but the exhaust isnt,they still point down as do mine but they are more noticeable as they protrude from the apron whereas mine are hidden.

Yeah you could be right, it could be read one of two ways! I'll sit back until it's confirmed :drag:

I would not mod to more downward facing pipes would be looking for some nice chrome tips think that james steps in here

Powerflow tips FTW! You can probably keep your existing valance then ??

rather the soot went straight down rather than annoy people behind me :)

Does yours throw out smoke then? I've got a remapped 2.5 (180) and it doesn't throw out any soot......

under heavy acceleration it throws a bit out yes but most of the time i nurse it so when on the occasions i do boot it obviously it shows its a diesel.

guess i will look out on ebay for a apron then,are the b6 and b7 the same or do i have to stick to the b6?

need to change the apron as mine doesnt have cutouts for the exhausts,dont want to attack it with a saw and make do,would rather buy the correct item.

Get yourself a new cut-out valance and then visit a Powerflow delaer - old ends cut off and new ones welded on - quality job over some cheaper DIY bolt-on ones from the high street or retail park!
They have a choice of sizes - I went for the 100mm to fill the valance hole - be careful with small children - they can fall in if not properly supervised!!
Tips-100mm-1_small.jpg

Other Saloon pictures.....<<Linked Here>>

that looks a lot better than this and is the kind of look i am after................
DSCF4787.jpg

dont suppose anyone knows what the part number is for the valance with cutouts for the cab is?even better is if someone has got one knocking about that they want shut of.