Advice required

edthebal

Reaction score
Hi Guys i have acquired a 4 rs6 reps ,in new condition ,heres my dilema what is the best tyre size the wheels are 8.5j pcd112,et38 18"inch ,my car is a 3.0l v6 quattro would i get away with 235 or 245,x 40 s any advice would be greatley appreciated

Cheers for the speedie responce ,i presume this size of tyre will fill the arch without rubbing etc

Yes it will, it will sit approx 6mm further out in the wheel arch than the standard ET43's. As such you may get away with 245 section tyres, but would need to adjust the aspect ratio to keep the rolling resistance the same.

I'd stick with the 235's myself :icon_thumright:

im running 8.5j pcd112,et35 with 225 / 40 /18 the 225 gives a slightly stretched look so as james says 235 wiil be the ideal tyre, 245 will bulge a little and wouldnt look as neat.

Tried 235 and 245 x 40s on the rims today ,,everyone agreed the 245s looked better ,didnt seem to be any rubbing issues ,but only time will tell once driven on the open road (had to put the tyres back into the store LoL) will order mine on Monday does anyone else run 245s Ed :cool:

Did you fit them to the car to know they look better? Wider tyres will always look better I guess. Personally i'd stick with the 235's as I reckon any wider and you would suffer increased tramlining and aquaplaning.

What size are your existing tyres? Remember to keep the aspect ratio within limits for the quattro.

Tried 235 and 245 x 40s on the rims today ,,everyone agreed the 245s looked better ,didnt seem to be any rubbing issues ,but only time will tell once driven on the open road (had to put the tyres back into the store LoL) will order mine on Monday does anyone else run 245s Ed :cool:

I'm running 245's on the rear.