EM TuningAH Fabrications

Thread: Paint Corrosion

3rd Gear

Status

Paint Corrosion

Hi Everyone,
    Just in the middle of a fight with Audi over the paint on my car and trying to get a warranty claim on it.

I am getting lots of bubbles in the paint from the inside out, kind of star shaped about anything upto a 5p coin in size.

I have another appointment tomorrow morning (Been going on since December 09) and just wondered if this was a common Audi thing or not?

Thanks

Chris

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    [QUOTE=chrisash32;961268]Hi Everyone,
    Just in the middle of a fight with Audi over the paint on my car and trying to get a warranty claim on it.

I am getting lots of bubbles in the paint from the inside out, kind of star shaped about anything upto a 5p coin in size.

I have another appointment tomorrow morning (Been going on since December 09) and just wondered if this was a common Audi thing or not?

Thanks

Yes !, star shaped from the inside out , on both my front doors,between the door blades and the door stripe mouldings ,only a few on each door and the stars are smaller than yours ; approx. 3mm , so only noticeable when looking very close, i e... when polishing the car, never thought about the warranty !!!

3rd Gear

Status
    [QUOTE=Digger1;961298]
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisash32 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks

Yes !, star shaped from the inside out , on both my front doors,between the door blades and the door stripe mouldings ,only a few on each door and the stars are smaller than yours ; approx. 3mm , so only noticeable when looking very close, i e... when polishing the car, never thought about the warranty !!!

thats them!! i have them in the same place too... and on the rear wheel arch and on the boot lid!!

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    how long is the warranty for ?

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkster View Post
    how long is the warranty for ?
    10 years