Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

Flywheel problems.

In january I had my flywheel and clutch changed now the car at around 1500 to 1800 revs jerks/judders like hell when I put my foot down then it goes when i reach 1900 revs,its a 130 tdi 2002.I had it back to the garage who fitted it and he says its the flywheel,as I sourced the parts myself they are Sachs parts i spoke to the supplier and he said that its not the flywheel.Is it possible to get faulty flywheel and would it cause this problem.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    id think you can get faulty one but the garage that fitted it are saying its that id have thought they should have seen it before they put it in?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by choimaloy View Post
    In january I had my flywheel and clutch changed now the car at around 1500 to 1800 revs jerks/judders like hell when I put my foot down .
    Out of interest does it only do this on load, or does it judder around 1500-1800 rpm in neutral? I have a similar thing but I have V6 2.4 petrol, and have been told flywheel, or crank shaft pulley. Flywheel and clutch oem parts 1450 so I'm having a careful think..... Crank shaft pulley is being done with the cam belt next week, so see if that helps.Its only done 42k!!!

1st Gear

Status
    In january I had my flywheel and clutch changed now the car at around 1500 to 1800 revs jerks/judders like hell when I put my foot down then it goes when i reach 1900 revs,its a 130 tdi 2002.I had it back to the garage who fitted it and he says its the flywheel,as I sourced the parts myself they are Sachs parts i spoke to the supplier and he said that its not the flywheel.Is it possible to get faulty flywheel and would it cause this problem.
    When I bought my 2001/51 TDI 130 a few years back I had the same symptoms, they thought it was the clutch and flywheel and replaced them on warranty, but it was still there. In the end they put it into Audi and they diagnosed it to be a faulty injector and it was ok after that. I've done about 60k without the fault reappearing.

Rich
    A4 B6 1.9 TDI SE (130)
    Standard Options: Cruise Control | Ambient Lighting | Lighting Pack | Parking Sensors
    Retrofits/Mods: 19" RS4 Reps | Chipped | LED Daylight Running Lights | RNS-E | Bluetooth | TV Tuner | Glovebox CD Changer | S4 Electric Folding Mirrors | Spax Coilovers | Stainless Steel Duplex Exhaust | K&N Induction Kit | Tinted Windows | MFSW | SDS | Vortex Kit | Coming Home Lights | Auto Lights | LED Rear Lights
    Planned: RSAP | Rear View Camera

1st Gear

Status
    no its just under load and really bad between 4th and 5th.

1st Gear

Status
    no its just under load and really bad between 4th and 5th.
    That was the same more me, I noticed it most when cruising on the motorway in 5th and then I wanted to overtake.

Rich
    A4 B6 1.9 TDI SE (130)
    Standard Options: Cruise Control | Ambient Lighting | Lighting Pack | Parking Sensors
    Retrofits/Mods: 19" RS4 Reps | Chipped | LED Daylight Running Lights | RNS-E | Bluetooth | TV Tuner | Glovebox CD Changer | S4 Electric Folding Mirrors | Spax Coilovers | Stainless Steel Duplex Exhaust | K&N Induction Kit | Tinted Windows | MFSW | SDS | Vortex Kit | Coming Home Lights | Auto Lights | LED Rear Lights

1st Gear

Status
    how much did it cost for the injector?

1st Gear

Status
    how much did it cost for the injector?
    I had mine fixed on warranty, so I'm not entirely sure, but I think they are about 400 each. Have you tried cleaning them with something like Red Ex? Not sure if it will help, but worth a try.
    A4 B6 1.9 TDI SE (130)

6th Gear

Status
    they are about 500 if you get trade mate

Neutral

Status
    Hard to damage an injector when changing a clutch but easy to damage a harness which is a well known weak point on the engine anyway. Good news is its cheap and easy to replace, I would go there first.

6th Gear

Status
    sorry whats the harness your talking of mate

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by legin View Post
    Hard to damage an injector when changing a clutch but easy to damage a harness which is a well known weak point on the engine anyway. Good news is its cheap and easy to replace, I would go there first.
    Like the man said, what is the harness to which you're referring?
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

Neutral

Status
    The wiring harness in the cylinder head that runs to the injectors. Do a search and you will see.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by legin View Post
    The wiring harness in the cylinder head that runs to the injectors. Do a search and you will see.
    i tried to find it and can not

4th Gear

Status
    I had a misfire in mine and it was caused by the harness, I took the plugs off each injector, cleaned them and re-crimped them and re-fitted. solved my problem. A new harness is only 40 from Audi.

2003 Silver A2 1.4 TDi - 65mpg & 30 a year to tax - ;-)
    2003 Atlas Grey A4 2.0 S-line - gone
    2000 Goodwood Green S6 4.2 V8 - gone

T0m
    2nd Gear

Status
    I had the same problem got the flywheel replaced and clutch replaced under warranty and it was still there, Audi told me you need to drive it in but it was still there and it went back in and had another new one and it was sorted so it is possible to ge ta faulty new one!