Chip Tunning 1.9 tdi

skipsey

Reaction score
Hi im new to the forum and trying to read up on the a4 before i make my mind up on weather to get one or not. has anyone got any info on what you can safely chip a 1.9 two? A mate of mine has a A3 1.9 and had it chipped to 203 BHP needles to say the turbo went 2 - 3 weeks later! has anyone got any info on this topic?

Revo gets the 130bhp version to 170 bhp. I think that getting 200bhp from 130 is a bit mental.
I'm not even sure if it possible to get 200 with only a remap. People change injectors, turbos, intercooler etc to get 200+bhp.

Revo gets the 130bhp version to 170 bhp. I think that getting 200bhp from 130 is a bit mental.
I'm not even sure if it possible to get 200 with only a remap. People change injectors, turbos, intercooler etc to get 200+bhp.

Hi im new to the forum and trying to read up on the a4 before i make my mind up on weather to get one or not. has anyone got any info on what you can safely chip a 1.9 two? A mate of mine has a A3 1.9 and had it chipped to 203 BHP needles to say the turbo went 2 - 3 weeks later! has anyone got any info on this topic?

I have a 1.9 tdi chipped with a tunnit box to approx 155bhp, works very well and a definate improvemen on performance and fuel, as far as i know a non-quattro is ok up to about 160bhp before you start suffering traction/clutch issues and obviously more for a quattro.

Why buy a car and do that to it? spend the extra and get something with the power already, pointless excercise other than a tuning box

This is something that im very interested in doing. I think my car is currently on the long life service. Would people suggest that i come off that if i get a remap?

Who do people recommend on here?

Sorry for the hijack! Will probably get more information for you!

Cheers
G.

Remap is a good thing. You get more power and better fuel consumption.
I had focus done from 90 to 115bhp and was really happy with improved performance.
Was looking at revo remap £450 will get you 170 bhp.
I think I want to change my car to A3 2.0 tdi so pointless to do now but if you keep your car longer than worth it imo.

This is something that im very interested in doing. I think my car is currently on the long life service. Would people suggest that i come off that if i get a remap?

Who do people recommend on here?

Sorry for the hijack! Will probably get more information for you!

Cheers
G.
No worries lol any info is good.

i was think that 170 sounded about right. But a place called celtic tunning near where i live that gets ridiculous figures from just a remap 203 from the 140 bhp A3 and another person ino got 150 out of the 100 1.7 cdti astra not healthy wat so ever!
im really temped with an A4 lots of potential, i think a test drive over the weekend is in order!

If you're somewhere up north, you can have a go in mine.

i had a Chip-n-Spin remap and am dead impressed with the performance in my pd130 and the mpg has improved too :icon_thumright:

I'm in Hull mate...

Any more suggestion to who i can go to? Would really like to find someone on here that has mapped a few cars etc..

Cheers
Graham

What mileage are people having remaps and whats the decay on clutch like?

I'm right at 75k.. tempted to remap but not wanting to fork out a new clutch couple thousand miles after!