Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    6th Gear

Status

No Diversity Aerial.

Is this normal?
    When i was swapping over my double din dash today, i noticed i don't have a diversity aerial.
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    It depends on the original radio when the car was built I think. The RNS-E will still work without a diversity aerial though, I had one running in my first A4 without any issues. I'm sure someone else will answer your question better than me soon.

Rich
    A4 B6 1.9 TDI SE (130)
    Standard Options: Cruise Control | Ambient Lighting | Lighting Pack | Parking Sensors
    Retrofits/Mods: 19" RS4 Reps | Chipped | LED Daylight Running Lights | RNS-E | Bluetooth | TV Tuner | Glovebox CD Changer | S4 Electric Folding Mirrors | Spax Coilovers | Stainless Steel Duplex Exhaust | K&N Induction Kit | Tinted Windows | MFSW | SDS | Vortex Kit | Coming Home Lights | Auto Lights | LED Rear Lights
    Planned: RSAP | Rear View Camera

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    What Radio did you have before with the Single DIN?

With the single DIN radio I had, "Concert II", (single CD Head unit), I had a standad ISO aerial connector plus an additional coax connector which powered the Diversity switch/aerial amplifier.
    My A4 was a 2001 - one of the first.
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

6th Gear

Status
    If it was fitted with the tape HU rather than the Concert CD then you will not have the Diversity antenna. However the RNS-E will work without, but you will get a fault code logged on the RNS-E which you will never be able to clear unless you retrofit the Diversity antenna, but this would not affect the functionally of the RNS-E.

6th Gear

Status
    Thank you all, It has a tape player as standard. So that would explain it.
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.

1st Gear

Status
    What is the general opinion about retrofitting the Diversity ZF, I have RNS-E and it does work fine without it, what will be the plus point in getting it as the radio stations are fine

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    i have a spare antenna that hides behind a panel on the upper part of the rear screen,