Expensive mistake, worth checking yours.

Kiwi Kranker

Reaction score
Well the other night I was doing a late night 5 hour trip from London to Holyhead for a trip to Ireland. Seeing as it is now spring I naturally ended up driving through snow and sleet for a good hour.:ermm:

Upon leaving the ferry in Dublin I flicked my headlights on and one of my factory fit Xenon bulbs was toast. Turns out that the little 'door' at the back of the headlamp was open and moisture had built up in my headlamp which I am assuming was the cause for the bulb failure.

To say that the bulbs are not cheap is an understatement :faint:

Worth checking to always make sure these access doors are sealed and the clip holding them shut is well and truly clipped on, I am about to pay a fair amount of cash for my mistake.

Having said that, anybody know of a plug and play aftermarket HID bulb supplier? (not keen to fit a whole new after market kit just after the bulb!)

Cheers

Cheers for that.....it gets worse though. The circuit board that sits below the lamp is corroded so badly its complete toast. Clearly it has been open to the elements for longer than I thought.

Roll on a new headlamp ballast.:crying:

Freakin stupid little door

Last edited: