Chris NottBadger5
    Neutral

Status

Expensive mistake, worth checking yours.

Well the other night I was doing a late night 5 hour trip from London to Holyhead for a trip to Ireland. Seeing as it is now spring I naturally ended up driving through snow and sleet for a good hour.

Upon leaving the ferry in Dublin I flicked my headlights on and one of my factory fit Xenon bulbs was toast. Turns out that the little 'door' at the back of the headlamp was open and moisture had built up in my headlamp which I am assuming was the cause for the bulb failure.

To say that the bulbs are not cheap is an understatement

Worth checking to always make sure these access doors are sealed and the clip holding them shut is well and truly clipped on, I am about to pay a fair amount of cash for my mistake.

Having said that, anybody know of a plug and play aftermarket HID bulb supplier? (not keen to fit a whole new after market kit just after the bulb!)

Cheers
    A4 3.0 Quattro Sport, Xenons, Black Leather, Bose, 18' RS4's, Sunroof, Armrest, Milltek

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Try HID DIRECT, they have all the bulbs
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

Neutral

Status
    Cheers for that.....it gets worse though. The circuit board that sits below the lamp is corroded so badly its complete toast. Clearly it has been open to the elements for longer than I thought.

Roll on a new headlamp ballast.

Freakin stupid little door
    Last edited by Kiwi Kranker; 6th April 2010 at 16:07.
    A4 3.0 Quattro Sport, Xenons, Black Leather, Bose, 18' RS4's, Sunroof, Armrest, Milltek

Status
    Try these links

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/03-04-05-Audi-...item5d2884bfd8
    http://cgi.ebay.de/2002-Audi-A4-S4-X...item35a7b49aa7

Also type the part number in to ebay you might be surprised at what you find.
    Black Audi RS4 2006 Exclusive edition, Black optic option (stock for now)