Electric windows opening on there own

rog190quattro

Reaction score
Hi everyone,hope someone has some idea's on my problem .Twice this week we have found the front windows open,the first time was at the supermarket and returned to the car to find the passenger window down and a soaking interior because it had been raining,I did'nt take much notice because on my old A4 sometimes you could put your hands on the window controls accidently whilst opening the door and this would open a window or both windows.However this morning both windows were down and I know for a fact they were not open yesterday and the car was not used yesterday and I would have noticed the windows open on the driveway .I would appreciate any idea's ,thanks ,Happy Easter

This happened to a mates A6, and also found a fault code with the drivers door. The car also struggled to start so we changed the battery and it never happen again, it also cleared the fault with the drivers door! How old is the car/battery, and do you have access to vag-com?

Is the floor on the passengers side wet/damp? the convenience control module might be getting wet. Also if you hold the open button on your key the windows will open, they might have been pressed in your pocket?

Thanks jwhat we did'nt realise you could open and close the windows on the key [you learn something new every day ] my wife was using the car both times and says its possible that she did it as she was unlocking the car as she was doing other things at the same time .I have'nt noticed the floor on the passenger side being wet the car always starts 1st time so I don't suspect the battery so we are hoping its operator error now we know about the keys we will be able to rule this out if it happens again,fingers crossed

makes sense but if its the remote key it would put both windows down to the same point and the first time you said only the passenger window was down this would not hapen if u held the button in?