Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    scott b's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Warrington, Warrington, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,254

    quick question, headlight switch

    should the headlight symbol light up when the lights are on, the off poistion and side lights anf fog lights are light up but the headlight one doesnt

    is there a cheap fix if its faulty or is it a whole switch

    cheers

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    simon.m's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,746
    on my headlight switch it only lights up on fogs but then i dont have a light come up on the clocks for fogs just my headlights not sure if thats right lol

  4. #3
    paul20v's Avatar
    Audi fanatic

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    S.Wales
    Posts
    1,108
    Quote Originally Posted by scott b View Post
    should the headlight symbol light up when the lights are on, the off poistion and side lights anf fog lights are light up but the headlight one doesnt

    is there a cheap fix if its faulty or is it a whole switch

    cheers
    Yes it should , theres one led does 2 symbols ie 0 and side light and another led lights up the dip one for illumination so an led must have let you down
    you could change it if your into circuit boards otherwise if your that bothered it will be a new switch
    or leave it as it is .

  5. #4
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    833
    one of the lights in my switch has failed and i think its new switch time as if i bought replacement leds theyd prob be a slightly different colour

  6. #5
    scott b's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Warrington, Warrington, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,254
    cheers for the replys, will wait till have some spare cash, cant see them being cheap

  7. #6
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by simon2004 View Post
    on my headlight switch it only lights up on fogs but then i dont have a light come up on the clocks for fogs just my headlights not sure if thats right lol
    Okay so i guess i also need to check on this one. Been also trying to figure out this headlight switch if it will light up on fogs. Thanks.

  8. #7
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,722

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by simon2004 View Post
    on my headlight switch it only lights up on fogs but then i dont have a light come up on the clocks for fogs just my headlights not sure if thats right lol
    Thats how it supposed to be Simon, there is no dash warning light for them.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  9. #8
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkandrew45 View Post
    Okay so i guess i also need to check on this one. Been also trying to figure out this headlight switch if it will light up on fogs. Thanks.
    guess your right about that. As i have check it, the switch is not turning the light on the fog. So i guess i need a replacement for this one.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO