JMB RetrofitsBadger5
    1.8T Sport Cabriolet

Status

B6 Avant rear light removal

HI my mate has a b6 Avant. He doesnt know how to remove the rear lights to change a bulb, can anyone help?
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Inside the boot on each side is a small trim gromet, about the size of a 10p piece. Pop this off and then you need a long screwdriver/ socket (I can't remember which) to undo the single screw holding the light in. DON'T under any circumstances drop the screw!

The whole light unit will be loose then, I can't remember the exact technique, but you either slide it out gently to the rear or side. It will be obvious when you see it.

PS don't drop the screw.....
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

5th Gear

Status
    open tailgate
    on the side trim you will see a small circle coverd by a cap (about 6" up from floor and about 1" in from boot seal)
    remove this cap
    then behind the cap theres a 10mm bolt
    to get to the bolt you will need a socket and extension
    remove this bolt, be carefull not to drop it
    pull light rear wards, it may be a bit tight as theres 2 ball sockets that hold the light in aswell.

Audi fanatic

Status
    one thing the bolt doesnt need to come right out if you pull on the light away from the bolts fixing it releases from the bolt thread before bolt comes right out
    this way theres less chance of dropping the bolt also leave the socket and extension on the bolt for a little extra security.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scott b View Post
    open tailgate
    on the side trim you will see a small circle coverd by a cap (about 6" up from floor and about 1" in from boot seal)
    remove this cap
    then behind the cap theres a 10mm bolt
    to get to the bolt you will need a socket and extension
    remove this bolt, be carefull not to drop it
    pull light rear wards, it may be a bit tight as theres 2 ball sockets that hold the light in aswell.
    As per that guide, if you do drop the bolt though dont worry you can get it by taking the trim around the boot lock off ;-)

Neutral

Status
    When you do drop the bolt you can buy another at enormous expence from your Audi dealer. When you drop this one as well, you will find that making a long "bolt" with a bit of threaded bar and a nut, which then terminates just below the "grommet", is much better and easier to extract next time a bulb blows!