Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
    SMc
    1st Gear

Status

headlight bulb removal on A4....

Why does it have to be so bloody difficult? I can't get the plastic cover off at the back of the headlight unit....trying to change the dipped headlight.....easy enough to remove the air box housing and unclip the plastic cover but the cover just wont come off! Even the haynes manual just says 'unclip and remove plastic cover' but its still connected to something as there is no way this thing is coming off!!

Anyone else had this and got any idea other than removing the whole air box!!
    On my 3rd Audi.....my latest PROJECT...... a 2002 A4 1.9TDi Avant Sport.... wrapped matt white with 19" VMR matt black wheels.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    its easyer to remove your headlight mate 5 min job and should not change the light angle.
    plus you will not get your hands in to pull the bulb out
    Last edited by simon.m; 2nd April 2010 at 18:16.

5th Gear

Status
    if you take the headlight out, only lossen the bottom bolts, do not take them all the way out

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SMc View Post
    Why does it have to be so bloody difficult? I can't get the plastic cover off at the back of the headlight unit....trying to change the dipped headlight.....easy enough to remove the air box housing and unclip the plastic cover but the cover just wont come off! Even the haynes manual just says 'unclip and remove plastic cover' but its still connected to something as there is no way this thing is coming off!!

Anyone else had this and got any idea other than removing the whole air box!!
    Yeah Defo; need to remove, H,light, just un-screw both top torx from slam-panel, then just loosen ! the two at the back of, H,light just slide the whole unit forward !!!