Badger5Sky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

BLOODY CAR TAX RISE

Hi i went to the post office today to tax my 2.5tdi usually it costs just under Ł120 for 6 mths and from today anything from 2001 and over has gone up its stupid its now Ł135 to tax me car now me mate has a 2.8 rear weel drive skyline n he says its cheaper to tax then his mates clio sport 172 n my car its bloody stupid he has a super car thats cheaper to run then a newish car how does this work its bonkers i went mental today in post office.i told the lady at post office that im gunna take my newly taxed car to london and run over gordon brown the scottish,1 eyed,i dont care about the country because you pay for it ****er !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.we need to riot about this 2.5tdi owners do you agree.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    i payed 9k for my car and 900 quid for insurance, i dont think 15 quid more would bother me tbh

Neutral

Status
    i agree ive paid bout same but its stupid how my mates skyline costs less to tax n thts sort of a super car n ours is just a ****ty diesel compared to tht

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by johnswales View Post
    i agree ive paid bout same but its stupid how my mates skyline costs less to tax n thts sort of a super car n ours is just a ****ty diesel compared to tht
    did you just call my car a diesel

6th Gear

Status
    oh yeah he did lol all though i have a diesel just 1.9 thought at 68 pounds tax for six mths it can be as ****y as you like for that

Neutral

Status
    Yep, I love ****ty diesels

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    we need to riot about this 2.5tdi owners do you agree.

Oh yes, I can just picture our convoy of about 15-20 heading to Downing Street ...... !
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post

Oh yes, I can just picture our convoy of about 15-20 heading to Downing Street ...... !
    In a cloud of smog? lol
    It annoys me, but i tend to sleep easy
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    If I was worried about running costs I'd not have bought a 2.5TDi .....
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Reverse Gear

Status

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by simon2004 View Post
    oh yeah he did lol all though i have a diesel just 1.9 thought at 68 pounds tax for six mths it can be as ****y as you like for that
    Wow that's for nothing!! You should try paying it in Ireland. I have a 03 1.9 TDI and motor tax for 6 months is €323!!!!!!!!

6th Gear

Status
    why the f**k is that

4th Gear

Status
    Hmmm......just taxed my 2.5TDi Quattro Sport at the end of March 2010 for Ł215....according to Parkers I will be paying Ł235 in March 2011....well my inurance has gone down from Ł31 to Ł27 a month.....and after everthing else is considered especially after depreciation is taken into account ( 3 yrs ago I paid Ł16.5K and its worth max Ł8k privately now) ...the car VED rise is not worth worrying about.....(assume its one less indian takeaway a year)

I still do not like the fact that if I bought an RS4 Convertible as a "Fun weekend car" the VED on it would be ridiculous, considering it would only be doing 5K miles a year :-( and the Government seem to be persecuting motorists who have to run an "older car"
    Monza Silver A4 2.0TDi S-Line Avant Quattro (170) - Heated Alcantara Leather, Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Folding Door Miirrors, Electric Tailgate, Privacy Glass, etc

Neutral

Status
    i went mental today in post office.i told the lady at post office that im gunna take my newly taxed car to london and run over gordon brown the scottish,1 eyed,i dont care about the country because you pay for it ****er !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.we need to riot about this 2.5tdi owners do you agree.
    Why the need for swearing and large font in your post? Seems a little extreme for a Ł15 rise in your road tax.

Why are you only buying 6 months when it would work out cheaper to buy 12 months. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if paying for the road tax is proving such a big deal to you I think you may have bought the wrong make and model of car!

6th Gear

Status
    do you work for the car tax office lol

1st Gear

Status
    Ah you guys have it easy there, here in the south of ireland the 2.5TDi is €935 a year to tax, i opted for the easier 1.9TDi at a modest €582 ... and then there's insurance...and NCT(MOT)... and fuel...and roads...and weather...and of price of beer...

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by simon2004 View Post
    do you work for the car tax office lol
    No I don't. I was just surprised at the strong reaction of the original poster. Would have thought that for most owners of a 2.5 litre Audi A4 this level of cost wouldn't have even registered on their radar in the context of the overall running costs?

6th Gear

Status
    this is true but still they should not keep putting it up so i see his point too

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by defsix View Post
    Ah you guys have it easy there, here in the south of ireland the 2.5TDi is €935 a year to tax, i opted for the easier 1.9TDi at a modest €582 ... and then there's insurance...and NCT(MOT)... and fuel...and roads...and weather...and of price of beer...
    You can add to that a dreadful public transport system that leaves you with pretty much no option but a car!

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    Hi i went to the post office today to tax my 2.5tdi usually it costs just under Ł120 for 6 mths and from today anything from 2001 and over has gone up its stupid its now Ł135 to tax me car now me mate has a 2.8 rear weel drive skyline n he says its cheaper to tax then his mates clio sport 172 n my car its bloody stupid he has a super car thats cheaper to run then a newish car how does this work its bonkers i went mental today in post office.i told the lady at post office that im gunna take my newly taxed car to london and run over gordon brown the scottish,1 eyed,i dont care about the country because you pay for it ****** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.we need to riot about this 2.5tdi owners do you agree.
    If your moaning about car tax rises I doubt you will want to pay the London Congestion charge at Ł8 a day to run over one eyed GB.
    Although a Toyota Prius could be a good choice to keep your costs down as only Ł15 Road Tax per year and exempt of the London congestion charge!!
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

4th Gear

Status
    We are lucky that we dont have the previous system of tax based on horsepower which was so high that the average earners could not afford anything bigger than 1000cc thats why the austin 7 and mini etc were common.If they can raise the tax so high in eire then watch out they might try it here! We have worse debt than they have

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    here is a spanner in the works for all of you.

Under Common Law which is the law of the land, Which you all drive on, if you use a 4 wheeled devise that is not registered to DVLA you do not need to pay any such taxes regardless of what powers it. There is a procedure of how to de-register you car and inform them of the new "mark" for which you wish to place upon your car, so as to be recognised by the Peace Officers (know as Police officer's) so as not to cause any confusion between cars,

But for the 2.5TDi owners, This ones for all of us for a vision of inspiration,

Neutral

Status
    no mate i meant mine

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AJB Audi View Post
    No I don't. I was just surprised at the strong reaction of the original poster. Would have thought that for most owners of a 2.5 litre Audi A4 this level of cost wouldn't have even registered on their radar in the context of the overall running costs?
    hi im not bothered about running costs its just how they hav put it up so much in just 1 day if it was over like 2years then i wouldnt be tht bothered its just so stupid.my mates 94 skyline costs Ł104 for 6 months n it doesnt hav a cat converter or anything like that but our newer cleaner to the world cars get raped by gordon brown

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post

yer itl b ok what yer doing monday we'l go then

5th Gear

Status
    hi im not bothered about running costs its just how they hav put it up so much in just 1 day if it was over like 2years then i wouldnt be tht bothered its just so stupid.my mates 94 skyline costs Ł104 for 6 months n it doesnt hav a cat converter or anything like that but our newer cleaner to the world cars get raped by gordon brown
    it should have a cat on it

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by defsix View Post
    Cough !
    Monza Silver A4 2.0TDi S-Line Avant Quattro (170) - Heated Alcantara Leather, Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Folding Door Miirrors, Electric Tailgate, Privacy Glass, etc