New instrument panel.

Fifequattro

Reaction score
My cars in at the garage to get some work done under warranty - the fuel gauge and temp gauge arent working and they have said it needs a new instrument panel. Now, is this a common occurence on A4s or is the garage playing it easy by just saying they will replace the panel anyway? - pretty sure the car needs a new coolant temp sensor and the management light is on aswell - now, if they replace the panel then my mileage is going to be different and im not really too keen on that! - what do you guys think? thanks.

not sure about your faults, i thought it would of been the sensors that need replacing but not sure, but the mileage on the new panel can be set to read the same mileage as on the old panel :icon_thumright:

Thanks m8:thumbsup:- yep, thats what I think. With regards to the temp gauge, new coolant temp sensor and the fuel gauge, fuel sender or sensor? Really not sure on the whole new instrument panel thing because I really dont think its needed, but hey I`m no car mechanic and the works getting done under warranty - just concerned that they fit the new panel and get it coded , only for the original problems to still be there!

yeah, you would think it would be the senors/senders but then again for both of them to go down at the same time seems a bit weird but if its all under warranty I would just let them get on with it and if they need to keep changing parts until they get to the fault then thats up to them, as long as your not paying for it.... :)

I've had a new instrument cluster fitted on an A4 before, as it was displaying the incorrect amount of fuel in the tank, the tank sender was tested and was working fine.

both the temp guage and fuel guage are replaceable as items. The whole dash pod does not need to be replaced