RS4 rear ARB fitted

linners

Reaction score
Haven't tested it out in anger yet but very little difference noticed so far :think:
Haven't changed anything else (shocks/springs) and not likely too as I find the cabby a lazy wallowy ride (after my Mk1 TT) anyway and the car handles well enough for the available performance

Haven't tested it out in anger yet but very little difference noticed so far :think:
Haven't changed anything else (shocks/springs) and not likely too as I find the cabby a lazy wallowy ride (after my Mk1 TT) anyway and the car handles well enough for the available performance

I just changed from a Mk1 TT, how do you find the cabby compared with the TT. Did you have the 225? Its obviously not as fast but I find it more comfortable and refined to be in.

I had a 225 (remapped to 265) with a few more mods to boot :sly:. I do miss the power and the handling is nowhere near as sharp but it is a nice lazy ride. The flex in the chassis is noticeable but then again it is a rag top - hence why I'm not prepared to spend any more money on handling than the recommended ARB upgrade

Just had mine fitted tonight too in my 2.5TDi Avant............. TOTALLY transformed the way the car handles ! Cheers PJMSPEEDY !

Just had mine fitted tonight too in my 2.5TDi Avant............. TOTALLY transformed the way the car handles ! Cheers PJMSPEEDY !

Perhaps more noticeable in a non-cabby ???
Any rag top owners with this mod notice a "total transformation"?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the ARB - I'm just wondering what other cabby owners before and after views are. At the end of the day, I wasn't expecting much from an ~£80 mod. I'm sure the RS4 chassis set-up is more than just an ARB upgrade (shocks/springs/brakes/wheels) and it's a heavier car with that lovely big lump under the hood

Last edited:
linners said:
Perhaps more noticeable in a non-cabby ???
Any rag top owners with this mod notice a "total transformation"?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the ARB - I'm just wondering what other cabby owners before and after views are. At the end of the day, I wasn't expecting much from an ~£80 mod. I'm sure the RS4 chassis set-up is more than just an ARB upgrade (shocks/springs/brakes/wheels) and it's a heavier car with that lovely big lump under the hood

It was PJMSPEEDY that told me about the mod and he has a B6 Cab. He seemed to think it was a worthwhile mod, mind you, if you've only just moved from a mk1 TT, that maybe why your not thinking much about it going from a small coupe/hatchback to a large heavy saloon//estate

sounds like it doesnt really do much to the handling - was going to get one fitted aswell. might not now...

PJMSPEEDY sorted me out with my ARB :icon_thumright:
Guys, I'm not saying it's not a worthwhile mod - was just after some objective reviews from any cabby boys (or girls) who have also had this done. It's not a direct comparison with a TT - they are totally different cars. I've been driving my cab for 2 years now and only just had the ARB fitted last week

Its not just the anti roll bar that does all the work if you have crap tyres then forget or a duff shocker then your handling wont be as sharp are you throwing it into corners i really through mine into them and i dont have quatt and i find the a4 cab to be the best handling cab there is and ive had mid engine cabs maybe your reps being heavyer than stock are affecting your handling have they got the cheapo tyres on or did you up grade?

Never had any complaints about the handling before. All things being equal pre and post ARB upgrade, however crap tyres or shocks are, I was wondering how much of a difference to expect from others who have done the same. If I was to upgrade tyres, shock, springs, and fit a strut brace at the same time, how much of the improvement could I attribute to the ARB alone??? I appreciate it is a cheap and subtle mod - just not sure about the total transformation as is often claimed....

I had mine fitted last week, the difference when taking corners is very noticible. It feels a lot more stable and quick coming out of the corner. I had a TT before and it was lowered etc, but thats a totallty different car. I would recommend the ARB upgrade to any cabby owner, you wont be disappointed.:icon_thumright:

Had a nice little drive yesterday early evening. Had a fully loaded car (4 inc me) and managed to find a couple of tight-ish bends that I could take at about 50-60mph (on a national speed limit single carriageway). Felt nice and composed but then again the car wasn't bad before. Plenty more "tests" to come.....
Anyway, I'm happy just knowing it's fitted
Would be interesting to have a comparative test under control conditions but I don't think it would make an interesting episode of Top Gear :\
Would I recommend it? If you're on limited budget and would like to upgrade, why not. I did, as many others have
Cheers guys

You need to 'Push' the test, then you'll notice a difference!!

I noticed mine with the harder cornering, them tight bends you have to swing round. Put your foot down through the corner and you'll notice it'll feel alot more planted without the body roll!!!
With it being a CAB I would have thought it would be more noticable...

Never had any complaints about the handling before. All things being equal pre and post ARB upgrade, however crap tyres or shocks are, I was wondering how much of a difference to expect from others who have done the same. If I was to upgrade tyres, shock, springs, and fit a strut brace at the same time, how much of the improvement could I attribute to the ARB alone??? I appreciate it is a cheap and subtle mod - just not sure about the total transformation as is often claimed....

Linners,

I was on the same mind set when I had mine done, but I agree with what J7USS says..its when you push the car you notice the differance..all depands on your driving style I guess :)

However if you have mullered shocks or tyres you definately won't notice the difference, I fitted Koni FSD's (kept std sports springs as Eibachs were far too hard) and the handling is definately more of the 'complete package' now.

Rich

That's more like it :rockwoot:

Thanks guys. I know a nice big roundabout near me where I can see how much speed I can carry before the rubber gives up ;) Shocks and springs are OEM (sport) and working as they should and rubbers are ok so I know any changes will be down to the ARB

Will it have much of an effect with quick changes of direction (a la chicane stylee???) Not my usual style of driving - just want to fully measure up and appreciate the improvements of this mod

Personally, I find the cabby more of posers car than a "street fighter" - it's a bit lardy for the available power to be scratching around with the "yoots" :notme: